Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default An irriration: Arrowheads - make a line look longer

Hello

Has anyone ever mentioned how irritating it is that if you add an arrow head to a line, the line in effect becomes longer!

Is it worth mentioning to Dear Xara?

W

Default Re: An irriration: Arrowheads - make a line look longer

Hi William and welcome to TalkGraphics

I just tried adjusting the line ends to see if this makes any difference. It does not.

I will move this to Dear Xara for you. I agree this is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi William and welcome to TalkGraphics
    I just tried adjusting the line ends to see if this makes any difference. It does not.
    I will move this to Dear Xara for you. I agree this is irritating.
    This issue has been around forever.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah, of course it has. But is this any reason not to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yeah, of course it has. But is this any reason not to fix it?
    Of course not. It, however, is a fundamental design feature that will probably have massive impact on the rest of the application.

Xara's, half-fix was the Smart Line.
    These fail to ply properly with the Magnetic snap radii so a lot of the time you are forced to tweak them into position.
    When you start playing with the heads and tails, those that point inwards force the overall line size larger.
    The actual end-points do stay in place.

@Rob-Xar was suggesting a rework of Smart Shapes to fit back into the conventional Xara UI.

I think that is more the fundamental issue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by William1991 View Post
    Hello

Has anyone ever mentioned how irritating it is that if you add an arrow head to a line, the line in effect becomes longer!

Is it worth mentioning to Dear Xara?

W

I use it, but it does not bother me, I just move it to where I want it or use a smaller arrowhead or both. What does bother me is(maybe I'm doing something wrong.) i have an image and no matter which mouse button I press it seems there are many images stacked on top of each other which for me at least is a real problem.

i'm )
    Last edited by Acorn; 17 July 2021 at 09:56 PM. Reason: @Larry - you leant on the return key!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    What does bother me is(maybe I'm doing something wrong.) i have an image and no matter which mouse button I press it seems there are many images stacked on top of each other which for me at least is a real problem.
    Is this a separate issue, unrelated to Lines and Arrowheads?

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Is this a separate issue, unrelated to Lines and Arrowheads?

Acorn

yes
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.