Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Browser Choice not available in latest version 18.

In v17 and previous versions, when clicking on website preview, a screen showing installed browsers came up to allow viewing of website in different browsers. V18 does not give that choice and website previews in default browser only. As I have tried this on different computers with the same result it has to be a problem or omission with Ver 18. Also tgried previewing other websites and get the same result.

Default Re: Browser Choice not available in latest version 18.

Yes, I also noticed that when I updated to 18.

However, you can easily select all in the URL bar in the top of your default browser. Copy. Minimise Xara. Open a different browser and 'paste and go' in the top URL bar. I always check mine pre-publish in Firefox and Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    In v17 and previous versions, when clicking on website preview, a screen showing installed browsers came up to allow viewing of website in different browsers. V18 does not give that choice and website previews in default browser only. As I have tried this on different computers with the same result it has to be a problem or omission with Ver 18. Also tgried previewing other websites and get the same result.

Xara droped the internal IE browser that was configured to have the means to detect your different major browsers.
    This was a potential security risk and with IE obsolete, do you want to put your system at risk?

If you backtrack through my Posts you will find how to at least invoke MS Edge.
    It is not possible for the others without a lot of coding.

I get round it by using a Hot Key utility called AutoHotKey.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    In v17 and previous versions, when clicking on website preview, a screen showing installed browsers came up to allow viewing of website in different browsers. V18 does not give that choice and website previews in default browser only. As I have tried this on different computers with the same result it has to be a problem or omission with Ver 18. Also tried previewing other websites and get the same result.
    Thank you for that solution. Works great. I had done a search here under browser preview but nothing came up. Pity Xara did not show this significant change either in "help" or online manual. At least this site is helpful in getting answers and help when needed.