Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Discounting Xara Cloud+ and Pro+

It is possible that Xara is/has dropped the LIFETIME voucher of 50% off its subscription forever.

I've had a marketing email offering all of 20% discount for all of the first year only.

If you have been thinking about it, I would contact Xara and check if LIFETIME is still around.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Discounting Xara Cloud+ and Pro+

Hi Acorn,

I just received an email about a lifetime discount of 50%. What does it actually mean?

Thanks.

= Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    Hi Acorn,

I just received an email about a lifetime discount of 50%. What does it actually mean?
    Thanks.
    = Steve
    Steve, Xara is offering a discount against Xara Cloud+ and Xara Pro+. For as long as you subscribe annually. This about equals Magix's Update Service.
    The differences are more frequent updating; Magix has yet to uplift v18.0 - Pro+ is well ahead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, Xara is offering a discount against Xara Cloud+ and Xara Pro+. For as long as you subscribe annually. This about equals Magix's Update Service.
    The differences are more frequent updating; Magix has yet to uplift v18.0 - Pro+ is well ahead.

Acorn
    Ah, got it! The email was vague. I wasn't sure if it was a one-time lifetime discount price (ie. one-time payment), or a lifetime discount on the subscription price.

Thanks for clearing that up.

= Steve

This looks like a good offer and reason to change to Pro+. There was mention on the Xara website of a discount of some sort if you had subscribed to the Magix Upgrade. As I have done so (to Nov 2022!) I contacted Xara as requested but haven't as yet received a reply. I'm not sure how this works - are Magix and Xara working together or are they in competition?

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    This looks like a good offer and reason to change to Pro+. There was mention on the Xara website of a discount of some sort if you had subscribed to the Magix Upgrade. As I have done so (to Nov 2022!) I contacted Xara as requested but haven't as yet received a reply. I'm not sure how this works - are Magix and Xara working together or are they in competition?
    Ian, it ought to be co-operation as I imagine Xara has to transfer the remaining licence. It might just do it to get the custom.
    If you succeed in gaining this transfer, do tell if you still can run xXDPXv18.0 through to Novmenber next.

Do remember, your XDPXv18.0 is yours to keep so do not uninstall it. Download All in the Local Designs Gallery.
    That way you have full functionality of both Xara Pro+ and Magix XDPX. You can even have your allowed licenced copies all running on different machines.

Acorn

Download All in the Local Designs Gallery. That way you have full functionality of both Xara Pro+ and Magix XDPX.
    And, after the download, make a copy of the content and save it somewhere safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    And, after the download, make a copy of the content and save it somewhere safe.
    Boy, nice that someone else is promoting this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...359#post562359.

Acorn

Boy, nice that someone else is promoting this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...359#post562359.

Acorn
    We go back quite a while, Acorn!