Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Add platform, it's done before...

... and after all that I did not actually answer your point... whoops

the asset I create in xara is for those things that do not have to be given the 'windsor and newton brush treatment'; think backgrounds, buildings etc - its all vector at the end of the day, too much detail can be the kiss of death for animation, any form of cartooning in fact

but what the brush enables is spontineity and sketch [in the sense you defined elsewhere] - this gives punch to the foreground, contrasting with the background, bearing in mind we are talking cutout here
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I understand what you are doing, no issues with that, it was your comment "transparency, feathering etc cannot be exported in a way that the other program Harmony can import" that has puzzled me.

I think you are saying that the quality of those exports when rasterised by Xara isn't good enough for you.

they are created in xara as vector and imported into TBH in AI format as vector which does not keep the attributes I mentioned - inside of TBH everything is vector

that said a 'wash style' backdrop might occasionally be bitmap if it contained only texture, but almost all of the time the backdrop is white space

if i could import vector transparency into TBH it would be useful - but xara/adobe attributes like this are not interchangable

disclaimer - this is how I work on current projects you understand

apology - michael - we are clogging your thread, sorry
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 July 2021 at 08:10 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    they are created in xara as vector and imported into TBH in AI format as vector which does not keep the attributes I mentioned - inside of TBH everything is vector

that said a 'wash style' backdrop might occasionally be bitmap if it contained only texture, but almost all of the time the backdrop is white space

if i could import vector transparency into TBH it would be useful - but xara/adobe attributes like this are not interchangeable
    Thanks - now I get it!

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the past summer. I’m still thinking about Michaels original post.
    From what I’ve been hearing Affinity absolutely is refusing to make a web editor focusing on the programs they already have.
    Sparkle is now the only web editor for Mac, but has workflow problems.
    There remains just a few web editors for Mac, but sadly no drawing tools, photo tools etc
    I believe that Xara has an opening here that could answer what Mac users have been desperately wanting. A drawing tool, dtp tool, and a web editor all in one.
    I can’t see the cloud portion of Pro+ doing that much. I could be wrong, but forum participation just doesn’t seem to be there. I’m not sure how large the staff numbers at Magix, and Xara are.
    Am I hedging? Maybe. But Xara for Mac would be a winner on many levels.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

I have thought about it but stay with windows because of Xara.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.