Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update to Xara Designer Pro+ 21.6.0.63535 SL x64 Dec 6 2021

Hello Xara,
    whats on now? I installed the new update and open Xara.

WOW its fast as it never be before.

I'm running Windows 11 and all feels like 10times faster. I reopen my drawing Dürer, the RHINO that has 19124 objects raght now, and it tooks not the slow time like before.
    It opens immediately and not like before in two to three seconds.

I hope all other function does it the same.

Cheers from Bavaria

Ernie

Default Re: Update to Xara Designer Pro+ 21.6.0.63535 SL x64 Dec 6 2021

The inclusion of Shapes as SVG is very powerful.

Lines, without profiles, are no longer images. Joins and Caps are readily handled.
    The SVGs that are created are in-line so there are fewer HTML calls making web presentations faster.
    Imported SVG files are converted to text and shapes so you have to check all is good when Previewing.
    The page HTM(L) files increase in size but the gain in is sharpness and speed.

The same applies to Symbols and user-shapes and QuickShapes.
    Lines widths are well-handled.
    Stepped Fills work.

The trick is to avoid having anything in a Group. Soft-groups are fine.
    Text into Editable shapes needs to be ungrouped twice.
    Rotated text is still forced into an image; I had hoped this would have been addressed by now.

Currently, any Fill or Transparency Profile stops the shape becoming an SVG.
    Ditto Shadows and Feathering.
    You can have a graduated transparency, just make one of your Fill Stops transparent.
    If you want a shapes to remain as an image, Group it or force a Web image type.

A powerful feature is in button design.
    Up to now any shape was defined by its bounding box so overlapping buttons was next to impossible.
    In-line SVGs are mini-documents in their own right and their space is defined not by their ViewBox but the actual boundaries of the shape.
    You could have a different Link in a shape within the gaps of another shape. Previously, doing this by hand was quite onerous.
    SVGs on pop-up layers with transitions are very slick.

Do offer up your successes failures as we are all on a steep learning curve with this new capability.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

O.K. nice to know.

But for me is the speed in ex. the shape builder tool, which I use to draw my Dürer drawing, the thing. It responds now in real time.

Before I had always a relay of some 10th of a second. But now I can draw without the relay.
    Thats for me fantastic. So, maybe I can finish my drawing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    O.K. nice to know.

But for me is the speed in ex. the shape builder tool, which I use to draw my Dürer drawing, the thing. It responds now in real time.

Before I had always a relay of some 10th of a second. But now I can draw without the relay.
    Thats for me fantastic. So, maybe I can finish my drawing this year.
    ernie, an early Christmas present for you and us.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah – maybe! I will see in the next days if all is function like it may be!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The inclusion of Shapes as SVG is very powerful. Etc.
    Thanks for that rundown, Acorn. Sounds quite promising, even though I don't use Pro+ and even though the new feature needs further development.