As I have said CAD does not allow me to sketch in the way I like. It is not trivially easy to quickly and easily make multiple copies of something AND allow the use of subtle colouring AND transparency AND do anti-aliasing fast and in real time. Personally I also have many drawings and vector-based sketch designs that are already in Xara format.

The fact remains that if we work on very large pages, and work in points (not millimetres) that does help. Scaling can help with this too. There are some weird, inaccuracies if you create a shape using the Rectangle tool that you are claiming are a desired features. Self-evidently they aren't desired.

Xara obviously has some sort of internal rounding errors. So what? Why be so defensive? Please stop trying to pretend Xara is perfect. It isn't.

Nor am I expecting it to be. But if a company can't handled constructive criticisms it's days will be numbered.

J

PS It would be interesting to know who Xara's existing customer base is. Re commercial art, personally I have yet to find professional graphic designer, nor any industrial product designer who actually uses is. To me it has always been an easy to use "jack of all trades" product that does a lot of things quite well.

It turns out that if one works in p/mp not /m/mm it does do 2D CAD pretty well, whatever you say.