Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: No Support?

Default No Support?

My Designer Pro X is 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016. I had not used it for several years and when I opened it a while back it said to update. I downloaded the update and when I went to install it a message came up that I must install the program. The program is installed and I can use it.

I had sent a ticket to Xara on another issue and the reply I received was that Xara no longer supports my program and to contact Magic.

What gives -I understand that Magic bought Xara but why would Xara not support its own product?

Have sent a ticket to Magic so will wait to see what they say. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: No Support?

jeb, which is exactly right. Magix handles support queries as a front-desk. Xara only then needs to see and handle escalated issues and problems.
    You still get supported.

Magix (not Magic) will want to bill you for even simple enquiries so be cautious.

Use TG as your first port of call.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat