Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stuck text box size :o

Hi All

Thanks for reading...

I have a very large text box that is a load of old blogs I'm placing on a web page. Apart from my poor old CPU struggling to size it correctly. I can drag the length ok but not the width. Its ignoring me.

I tried typing in the box size and it just reverts back the original size.

HELP?

Thanks in advance

Tim Box

Default Re: Stuck text box size :o

TimBox, that God's and Xara's way of saying don't make for large text boxes!
    Only kidding.

A number of things to check.

Select it and the Status bar states it is a Text Area.
    I create one with 12,000 words/67,000 characters.

If you have Smart Transform active, then you must have Lock aspect ratio off; any inputted width will now widen the Text Area with scaling or stretching the font.

With Lock aspect ratio on, you can drag a side control to widen the Text Area, without distortion.

I personally have Smart Transform off and use Alt+drag when widening Text Areas.

If none of this works, create a new TextArea of the right width and using the Text Tool Select All for the old and Copy then Paste into the new.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat