Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My blue has turned to black! Help, please!

1. I use Xara Designer Pro X9 (Win10 home)... For 3 days now, cannot get a decent BLUE; other colors seem to work well, but blue shows as black. Lighter shade as some kind of bluish-gray. (pics attached)
    2. I opened "Paint" in WordPad to also test colors there. Same thing, no blue, just black.
    3. I opened my CPU (desktop PC) and blew out the dust (wasn't much). Didn't help.
    4. Thinking it might be the graphics card, I went online to update NIVIDIA driver; what I have is current, it claimed. (ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 750 - installed Feb 2018).
    5. Anything else I should try at this point? My fav. repair shop is closed today. I'm working on a book cover.
    Forever grateful, Helen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03_#000099 with some transparency.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	129999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_in Paint_ blue is black.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	130000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_in Xara_ blue is black 01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	130001
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

Default Re: My blue has turned to black! Help, please!

It might be quicker if you can create a simple one page example and save and upload the .xar file here.

Quote Originally Posted by hgregory View Post
    1. I use Xara Designer Pro X9 (Win10 home)... For 3 days now, cannot get a decent BLUE; other colors seem to work well, but blue shows as black. Lighter shade as some kind of bluish-gray. (pics attached)
    2. I opened "Paint" in WordPad to also test colors there. Same thing, no blue, just black.
    3. I opened my CPU (desktop PC) and blew out the dust (wasn't much). Didn't help.
    4. Thinking it might be the graphics card, I went online to update NIVIDIA driver; what I have is current, it claimed. (ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 750 - installed Feb 2018).
    5. Anything else I should try at this point? My fav. repair shop is closed today. I'm working on a book cover.
    Forever grateful, Helen.
    Helen, have you wiggled your monitor connector and cable?

The fact that your screen capture is showing blue properly on our monitors might indicate this is the problem area.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

wiggling the connector cable is bad practice in my book because it can actually do harm if it is loose/faulty and the computer is still switched on [that said we all do it knowing the risk] - I'd advise you shut down computer and monitor unplug the cable at both ends and look at the pins male and female on cable/monitor/computer, see if anything is wonky... ideally, even if all looks ok try another cable, cables can wear internally; make sure it is reconnected firmly.. if you meet unexpected resistance that usually means damage

if it's not the cable it may be the monitor, it may be the card itself, both usually have their own colour adjustment that you can check at default settings

if non of that works you can [should] download nvidia drivers and do a clean reinstall in case it is corrupted; if that does not work you need a techie
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all. My tower cables are connected securely ... I FOUND THE PROBLEM minutes ago -- my oversight! I had the 'night light settings' turned way up on my monitor (to cut blue light migraines) because M$ Win10 updates keep turning it off. Totally forgot about it until I printed a sample of my book cover and saw how orange it was! Surprise! Yes, I do wear fit-over blue blocking glasses, as well. So sorry for the interruption ... however, maybe this will help someone, somewhere, sometime ... !? ~Helen~
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

so a monitor problem - or user possibly..

never thought of that - so thanks for coming back... something to file away in the memory bank, glad it's sorted
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...