Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Better Tiling Backgrounds

Should this thread be in web design?

That update works. Now I have to figure out how to do it with my design.

And why do you need two svg images instead of one?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Should this thread be in web design?
    No, because while Pasteboards are not directly printed in a PDF, you can still Print a web page as a PDF and get the patterns rendering that way. Also the use of Placeholder > Replace with graphic file can be used as a output on a PDF page.

The main point is repeating patterns is a graphic design aspect that can be made on a design page and implemented in a web one so there is a bridge between both camps.

We need better repeating patterns and graphic designers can excel at this and web designers can showcase them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That update works. Now I have to figure out how to do it with my design.
    And why do you need two svg images instead of one?
    Gary, I said by keeping text as text, the image sizes reduce from 13kB to 3kB.
    It was also easier to punch holes through to white rather than use blobs that could only be white until you re-export an updated SVG.
    The gees.svg file can be text editor-changed in just two places from (g, g) to (g, p) or any other letter pairing, say, (t, g) or ($, £).
    At a pinch, the font could be changed.

I makes it easier to blend in other SVG files, like chalk.svg with cheese.svg.

Very versitile.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 14-12-08 g-logo repeating.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	130013  

Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Neither am I.

I can only guess, without nothing else, that you have set the spacing too large.
    I take it you want all the shapes to touch?
    You haven't picked up some transparent padding?
    You are using px for the width and height of the shape and not some other value or dimension?

Acorn

Tile size 158 x 137. So what in your script determines the tile size? And this is a single image.

Might be easier if you see my files.

Also, there is no option for svg in the placeholder (Dear Xara?) and even through the svg file is in the html files folder Xara is also generating a .png version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 06 July 2021 at 10:04 PM.

Tile size 158 x 137. So what in your script determines the tile size? And this is a single image.
    Gary, try, background-size: 158px 137px;

<style>
    html {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    background-image:
    url(index_htm_files/xyz.svg);
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: repeat;
    background-blend-mode: normal;
    background-size: 158px 137px;
    }
    </style>
    where xyz is your chosen filename.
    Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 12 July 2021 at 05:05 PM.

if you want to paint in/with tiles, use Krita and press [w].
    makes a lot of fun.

reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Thumbs up Re: Better Tiling Backgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    if you want to paint in/with tiles, use Krita and press [w]. makes a lot of fun. reinhard
    rs3. it does. Thank you for the suggestion. It have useful mirror tools and the Multitool is useful too. As well as these, there is Vector Tool and the means to export SVG 1.1 to Inkscape.

I need to sit down with its manual and leverage it up into my XDA.

Acorn