Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Different links in a single iframe

Iframe question?
    I have linked a Google sheet in an iframe succesfully, (although struggling to display only a range of cells), however, I would like to add 3 navigation buttons outside of the iframe to display the different tabs in the master google sheet in the same iframe when clicked.

eg Sailing racing results are currently on 3 different tabs of my google sheet "early sunset"/"late sunset"/"regatta", I would like to add a button above the iframe for each of these options to display the separate tabs in the iframe below the buttons.
    I used to do this in Serif Webplus, by selecting the iframe as the target.

Cant see a way of doing this in Xara?

Also, despite trying different syntax, I can't seem to specify a cell range to display....The whole page displays by default my placeholding code as follows:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQyGPjH1o2ufQJ5f6mcnSxXfKn1xSHJs4dhx5UwrgxWYTC9KE HnPlskgY6p2OPbnW2mbenuxNWjMMEE/pubhtml?gid=1001443444&amp;single=true&amp;widget= true&amp;headers=false"height="600"width="1000"ran ge="D2:Q24"></iframe>

Live page can be seen here:
    https://www.thornton-steward-sailing....uk/racing.htm

Thanks for any help

Info Re: Different links in a single iframe

This is more a Google Sheets issue.
    The API covers all of what you are after.

Try this format: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...&headers=false

Embed this:
    https//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQyGPjH1o2ufQJ5f6mcnSxXfKn1xSHJs4dhx5UwrgxWYTC9KE HnPlskgY6p2OPbnW2mbenuxNWjMMEE/pubhtml?gid=1001443444&range=D2:Q24&single=true&wi dget=true&headers=false

I cannot see three separate tabs so there is a method to select a different source form "external" buttons/links:
    • Create the above embed but include a name="results" as well.
    • Create three external Links.
      • Each Link has the path to a separate Tab and Range as above's example.
      • Additionally, you type in results directly into the Open link in box, overwriting the "Not specified" default.

Sorted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Different links in a single iframe

Brilliant, Thanks Acorn, I didnt realise multiple tabs could be published, Now the tabs are at the head of the iframe to select, without need for additional buttons/nav bars. Cant seem to get the rangeD2:Q24 to work though, but the tabs have different ranges anyway, so may have to live with that.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by stuk34 View Post
    Brilliant, Thanks Acorn, I didn't realise multiple tabs could be published, Now the tabs are at the head of the iframe to select, without need for additional buttons/nav bars. Cant seem to get the rangeD2:Q24 to work though, but the tabs have different ranges anyway, so may have to live with that.

Thanks again
    There is a sequence that allows you to select a group of cells e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/GoogleSheet/. I've not tried using this with multiple tabs in an iframe - my go-to route previously has been separate iframes, using a standard popup link.

Gary

The way I would suggest you handle this is to create the Google Sheet with your 3 (possibly interconnected) sheets.

Delete all unrequired columns and rows to create a standardised sheet that matches across all sheets.

Then in each individual sheet select 'Publish to Web', select desired Sheet and Embed.

Copy the embed code and place it on a pop-up layer in Xara.

Now on the Mouse Off layer create a link to load the Google created Web Page into a placeholder on that layer.

(You'll need to add some width / height code etc) See video re this.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks all, Ive learnt a lot there about iframe syntax, saving hours of trial and (lots) of error!