Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link in pdf file not working

I've switched/upgraded to XDPX - but that's another post...

This sort of follows on from the email button issue I posted recently... https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...nk-not-working

Done a 1 page (scrolling not a supersite) website for a new client.
    There's a button with a link to a .pdf file - when clicked in preview, it loads the pdf file - all good.
    BUT in the pdf file which I created as a .xar file in XDPX, there is a button with a link to a Calendly profile I created (https://calendly.com/mikekaplandesign) I then exported the .xar file as a .pdf.
    When I open the pdf from the folder it's in, it opens as expected, and when I click the linked button, it opens the Appointment Scheduler in Calendly - all good.
    BUT when I preview the website, click on the link to the pdf file and then click on the second button which links to Calendly, I get a "Not Found - The requested url has no content"
    AAArggghh!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schedule link.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	129953

Default Re: Link in pdf file not working

LGF, the PDF has to be published into the same location in index_htm_files as you web page.
    As i don't know how you are Publishing, all I can suggest is check the PDF is there.

I created a simple web page with the link, and saved as PDF and then another web page with the PDF linked and all worked from a straight text link.
    Perhaps you can try that as well to prove it is the button action that is not happening.
    If so, add a text link instead of a button link.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Link in pdf file not working

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, the PDF has to be published into the same location in index_htm_files as you web page.
    As i don't know how you are Publishing, all I can suggest is check the PDF is there.

I created a simple web page with the link, and saved as PDF and then another web page with the PDF linked and all worked from a straight text link.
    Perhaps you can try that as well to prove it is the button action that is not happening.
    If so, add a text link instead of a button link.

Acorn
    Thanks for the save once again Acorn - wasn't in the right folder!