Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Keeping custom sidebar icons

Thanks ... I'll give that a go.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Aaarrggghh - it's not working again!
    Created a new document, created a new button bar - called it Pen - and alt dragged the en tool onto it.
    Set up rulers, typeface etc and saved as a template.
    Close - reopen - new from template - all the changes EXCEPT the control bar!
    Right click to show the control bars and there I see Pen - click on it and nothing happens!

sadly it does not work for the pen tool it is an exception - xara are aware of this, and my recolection is that they did it deliberately, perhaps depricating as they really don't see why anyone should be using the pen tool rather than the shape tool
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Aaarrggghh - it's not working again!
    Created a new document, created a new button bar - called it Pen - and alt dragged the en tool onto it.
    Set up rulers, typeface etc and saved as a template.
    Close - reopen - new from template - all the changes EXCEPT the control bar!
    Right click to show the control bars and there I see Pen - click on it and nothing happens!
    LGF, the Pen Tool is nothing to do with a Template.

Use XaReg to fix it in place> General > Show Pen Tool on Fly-out: tick.
    I have done this for all versions.

The other approach is to create a new Control Bar, name it and then open the Button Palette and Alt+Drag the Pen Tool into your new Control Bar.
    You could Alt+Drag onto an existing Control Bar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

LGF said he created a new Control (Button) bar and ALT dragged the PEN tool onto it, and it disappeared. Not sure why. I thought that once a Control bar was created and placed it stayed there.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    LGF said he created a new Control (Button) bar and ALT dragged the PEN tool onto it, and it disappeared. Not sure why. I thought that once a Control bar was created and placed it stayed there.
    Agreed Keith, i just re-iterated the obvious with confirmation that you can add to an existing control bar. XaReg allows it to be pinned to the Fly-out, where it should be.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'd forgotten the registry fix; thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...