Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DPX 18 - Textbox Width doesn't match image width in browser.

Using Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642 DL x64 Mar 18 2021

A simple web page begins with a picture, followed by a deep text block.
    Both the picture and the text block are set to the full width of the page.
    The picture displays at full width, but the text block is 20% narrower, with a large margin on the right.
    The text block in the browser preserves the line breaks seen in Xara, although these are just auto-wrapping with no hard returns.

In Xara it looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside Xara.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	129937

In Chrome it looks like this:

Name:	Inside Chrome.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	129938

Also, Xara seems to be creating a huge top margin above the page boundaries. I haven't seen this in prior versions.

Thanks in advance for any insights on this.

Allen

Default Re: DPX 18 - Textbox Width doesn't match image width in browser.

I can't see what should be creating this Allen.

Perhaps you could attach a .xar file of this page. Alter any text that you don't want members to see first.

Also, Xara seems to be creating a huge top margin above the page boundaries. I haven't seen this in prior versions.
    Could you supply a screen grab
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As a guess, you have made a number of changes and the Preview is looking at remnants of past work.
    Browser > Ctrl+F5 usually magics things right.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 28 June 2021 at 03:14 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This can sometimes happen if you have changed the default size of your text in your browser.

Thanks @Egg - I'll try to put together a test page with greeked text. In the meantime, I've rebuilt everything from scratch in a new xar file. Still, I'd like to be able to correct such things without having to start over.

The top margin spacing seems to be related. But I tried so many ways to get the page to work that I've lost track of all the settings I experimented with. If it persists, I'll upload a screencap.

Thanks, @Acorn - I tried previewing in various instances of Chrome, with HTML exported into different folders, and dumped the browser buffer a lot. It's in the HTML somewhere, but I didn't dig that deep. I probably should, one of these days.

Thanks Gary - I don't think it has to do with the browser. All my other Xara pages look fine, and everything else is working as expected. I started this page from a template ("Web Story"), so I suspect the template had a touch of weirdness in it. Or I'm not using it correctly. (Like that's never happened!)

So, if you want to solve this issue, best thing is to post the .web or .xar file so that the experts here can take a look at it.

The screenshots suggest that certain content is confidential, so copy your design file, delete all other pages and replace some of the confidential text with filler text.

Thanks, @Boy -- When I get a chance to dig further into this, I'll plan on uploading with a dummy layout.

'Web Story' is a Xara single page (desktop) template; more a demonstration of the reveal scroll parallax function and Pro+ Cloud share. There are some hidden objects to support the parallax effect (that you can see in the Page & Layer Gallery).

However, strip out the Xara content, (say) change the page width from 960px to 1200px, add a mobile variant, export with Scale-to-fit-Width, add a parallax effect to the title -all works: Web Story Mod-Template.xar.

Some of these templates can be quirky and over-complicated, I don't use them, but there are good ideas to be found by reverse-engineering them to see how they are constructed.

Name:	Web-Story_template.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	129950

Gary