Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug Thread: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 21.4.0.62528

Dear Xara...

Immediately found File > Test WebView2 lurking.

All the fun then of getting this message:
    Please upgrade your browser

We built Xara Cloud with the latest technologies so it is fast, secure and easy to use. Unfortunately, your browser no longer supports the required features. Please use the latest version of one of the following browsers:
    Google Chrome
    Firefox
    Microsoft Edge
    Safari
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Thread: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 21.4.0.62528

Dear Xara...

Any design file with a Page Background is still forced into having Website > Other Include webP images ticked regardless of its state on saving or closin the XDA.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Open Graph sounds like a really good add. If you designate an image Open Graph (new tab in the Web Properties menu) it will appear if you add a link to your website in Facebook or other social media.

Except... I added this Open Graph image to my website and checked to make sure it is in my files. It is. But when I added a link to gwpriester.com on Facebook it does not appear. Am I missing something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opengraph.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	129917  

Question Re: Thread: Xara Designer Pro+ Update 21.4.0.62528

Dear Xara...

The Open Graph addition looks interesting.

A few questions.

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image" />
    <meta property="og:type" content="website" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="Acorn" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="Wizzard" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="index_htm_files/opengraph.png" />
    <meta property="og:image:type" content="image/png" />
    <meta property="og:image:width" content="1200" />
    <meta property="og:image:height" content="631" />

• Why place the Open Graph Group in my MouseOff Layer as a hidden collection? It seems to still work in a hidden layer I created and labelled 'og'.
    • Can I bypass the Open Graph dialog and simply create or import a suitable image, text block and background and directly use the Names of OpenGraph, OpenGraphDescription: blah blah, OpenGraphTitle: Earl of Dumbarton? Relabelling OpenGraph to XOpenGraph seems to prevent the og export. Also Image > Group Images set off, kills the export.
    • I note the og height is not exporting as 630px.
    • What define "twitter:card"?
    • Does or can an og Group use all the Theme colours in a themecolorscheme.xar file?
    • What is the character count limit for the OpenGraphDescription? You suggest 160 characters but there does not seem to be a limiter.
    • Ditto OpenGraphTitle?
    • If I clone the og Group, I get an opengraph.jpg file for the lower version. The most forward one gets "adopted". Neither jpg or png appear in ../index_htm_files/xr_files.txt.
    • Does og accept WebP?

Acorn

Just updated. On checking Help / Check for Updates returns nothing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As for this update and the previous one(s) I had to resort to the online download(a fresh install) because the updater starts>crashes>second run>gives the message "you don't have enough permissions to run from this location"
    I have administrator rights and have run the program as administrator(right click).

it may be securtiy software on your computer blocking the update - xara updates are rather pervasive
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Dear Xara...

Immediately found File > Test WebView2 lurking.

All the fun then of getting this message:

Acorn
    Sorry this accidentally was left in from an update from a development build, we'll be patching it shortly to remove it.

Thanks
    Rob

Rob - Can you test gwpriester.com at your end and see if you see the graphic I posted in my previous post? I tried the link in Facebook and the attached is all I see. This does not work on Twitter either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Propeties.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	129927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Facebook.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	129926  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twitter.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	129928  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 June 2021 at 07:19 PM.