Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .jpg problem

Default Re: .jpg problem

true, andthat is going to depend on how large the images are in the xar

wonder if the issue is that you are exporting the images from xara at the default of 96dpi when you shouuld be choosing a higher dpi if the images are a higher dpi in the bitmap gallery [if they are not you are stuck with it]

office scanners tend not to go beyond 600dpi max; qiute possibly only 300dpi for colour - it is a function of how close the sensors are; when they claim to go higher again, it is interpolation

you can get true high res scanners but they are very expensive
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: .jpg problem

Hi Jeb, I don't know why your jpg's are showing such poor quality but I have an idea when you're saying the images look better in a .xar than a .jpg

A .xar file is just a container to hold text, vectors and bitmaps etc. It's not an image file type.

If you import an image into Xara it can be very large. If you subsquently reduce it's physical size the same image is still used but merely reduced by H & W on screen. The original image remains untouched. This is called non-destructive (I thinks)

However to reduce the Xaras .xar file size it is possible to 'optomise images' within the program. This now reduces the bitmap copy held within the xar file to a 96dpi image at the size you've reduced them to. This is 'destructive'. When you save the .xar the original large image is no longer available.

Perhaps you could attach a xar file that shows a better quality than the .jpg image?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host