Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Usability, workflow and bug fixes

@Rob-Xar, could you align SVG Export dialog to match those of JPEG, PNG and the recent WebP formats?

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 05 July 2021 at 04:24 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

We used to be able to change TEXT LINE colour with a simple right click on the colour bar ... Now we have set text background (which arguably is used less) ... wouldn't it be simple to have both. Resetting text line colours is now a fiddle (still doable but fiddly). It was so much easier the other way.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Okay Rob, I'll keep it to a single issue that drives me crazy. I have a website template 960px NO PAGE SHADOW.

The second I change the page width, up it pops, that unwanted, hated page shadow. Forcing me to open the Utilities / Options / Page Size tab & uncheck the Show Page Shadow or select the page background in the P&L gallery and remove the page shadow. But dare I change the page background width or height by even a tiny-weeny single pixel and the damn shadow thing reappears.
    Thanks Egg. I thought that was just me.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

I do all of my stereogram print work at 300dpi. But if I create a repeating panel that is 163px wide and then create a bitmap copy, the resolution is 163.2px

Egg suggests I use 288dpi but I need my images to be 300dpi.

Is there any way to fix this so that the bitmap image creates at the designated pixel size in even pixels.
    IP

When you hit page up or page down in an Acrobat PDF at 100% each page is centered and in the exact same position. Same thing when using the scroll wheel.

If I am working with a book that has a lot of pages and want to go through the book quickly and look at the spreads, when I use page up or page down, the page rapidly becomes off-centered.

Making this work as efficiently as a PDF file would be tremendous.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I do all of my stereogram print work at 300dpi. But if I create a repeating panel that is 163px wide and then create a bitmap copy, the resolution is 163.2px
    Egg suggests I use 288dpi but I need my images to be 300dpi.
    Is there any way to fix this so that the bitmap image creates at the designated pixel size in even pixels.
    Very frustrating for all.

My approach would be to take the panel and scale to 256px wide.
    Then Create Bitmap Copy with a dpi of 191, not 192.
    Then rescale the bitmap back to 163px wide; its dpi will now be 300. It is probably 299.97546dpi , but who's counting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

When you hit page up or page down in an Acrobat PDF at 100% each page is centered and in the exact same position. Same thing when using the scroll wheel.
    If I am working with a book that has a lot of pages and want to go through the book quickly and look at the spreads, when I use page up or page down, the page rapidly becomes off-centered.
    Making this work as efficiently as a PDF file would be tremendous.
    Gary, switch off Multiple Page View: PU/PD then stick to the exact position for each page (when they are all the same height).

Acorn
    IP

Gary, switch off Multiple Page View: PU/PD then stick to the exact position for each page (when they are all the same height).
    Brilliant.

My whole point with the 300dpi bitmap creation is not that we need a work around, but we need it fixed so there does not need to be a workaround.

My workaround is much simpler, if the width is 143.2px, I select the .2 and delete and hit enter. But I should not need to do this.
    IP

Brilliant.
    My whole point with the 300dpi bitmap creation is not that we need a work around, but we need it fixed so there does not need to be a workaround.
    My workaround is much simpler, if the width is 143.2px, I select the .2 and delete and hit enter. But I should not need to do this.
    I was trying to avoid any distortion and I appreciate that it is not working correctly.
    I always try to aim for multiples of 2 in pixels or to force the best Xara accuracy, work in millipoints.
    Why it is wrong is another matter.

Acorn
    IP

Thanks guys, I'm going to be logging all of these issues shortly to be investigated.
    IP