Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Usability, workflow and bug fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    In the Selector Toolbar, add a button with which to toggle between the new (blue) selection handles and the old (simple, black) selection handles or integrate it into the 'Show object edit handles' button that, anyway, doesn't do what is says it does. So, latter needs to be fixed.
    well since boy has mentioned [Selector Tool]ShowXCBoundsBlobs as well, I may as well put in the other registry toggle that I think should be in the UI:

[Freehand]AutoDeselectFreehand

when sketching, having the lines auto deselect after each stroke means no accidental joining up and/or repathing of the strokes; but when drawing in a slower fashion it is better to have this off andhaving to exit the program to toggle is a real pain

as is having to exit the program to toggle the visualisation disrupting blue boundary lines
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Chris, this is a long-time issue. If you drop a colour onto the design page, it happens, repeatedly.
    Acorn
    So it does! Just goes to show that I've never dropped a colour onto the page. Pasteboard yes, page obviously not.
    IP

It is good to have you Rob look over all this stuff. I feel there is new life in Xara now. My beef is the attached. I sometimes work on large website where I leave it for upload and go away from the computer in hope of it finished when I return but I see this screen. I do understand that the information is good to know but it hinders my workflow. Also if at anytime I close Xara it starts again. I would be so happy if this can be fixed. Attachment 129863
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	129864  
    IP

Re the drop shadow:

I believe the cause of my problem is that I was forced into bad habits many years ago due to an issue that existed on my computers at that time. Namely opening the Utilities / Options dialogue window taking several seconds loading, so I’d avoid doing so as much as possible.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...748#post589748

I prefer not to have a page shadow. Probably through changing page colour incorrectly applying a page shadow as mentioned by Acorn. To avoid having to wait for Options window to open I’d select the page rectangle in the page layer and remove the drop shadow. Unfortunately this way didn’t remove the Show Page Shadow in the Options window, so as soon as the page was resized the shadow would reappear. There appears to be disconnect between the page rectangle and page size.

Strange how bad habits persist. I attach a xar template file which shows this behaviour. My bad, not Xara’s.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

you are not alone egg - a decade or so ago xara removed bitmap tracer from the work area right click context menu and I hardly ever used anything else in that menu I got out of the habit of using it - these days everytime I do right click to access the relatively recent multiple page view toggle I remind myself that page options is there, but I still automatically use the options menu route - there is even a shortcut to the general options, a file menu route to page options as well.. but hey you can't remember everything, and somethings become embedded; one reason why workflow changes in the UI, if they bring no personal benefit or worse cause disruption, can be hard to adjust to...
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 June 2021 at 07:17 AM. Reason: tidy up the pre coffee grammar
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Rob, a long time hate is Curvature. It is tied to the WxH of the initial box.
    If you select a curvature control when the Editable items box has Curvature selected and then adjust it, the top Primary curvature ratio is varied, the Stellation curvature ratio is activated and has a fixed value of 0.2.

As you do not have stellation for a box, this ought to be a 'Secondary curvature ratio' so the curvature controls can be made independent, along with a meta-key to lock or unlock this action.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

There should be available toolbar BUTTONS for ALL the COMMANDS. The BUTTON PALETTE has not been updated as much as the program.

For example, there are buttons for EXPORT AS JPG and EXPORT AS PNG but NO EXPORT TO PDF which is together in the menu with the other two. It appears that the button palette has been neglected.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Smile Re: Usability, workflow and bug fixes

that's a good point when using a graphics tablet and pen; a floating button bar's much quicker and easier than toggling an onscreen keyboard, scrabbling around for the physical keyboard you had to put to one side, or toggling in and out of fullscreen mode - 'convert line to shape' is an obvious omission from me
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

(sorry was logged into webmaster before lol)

Thanks everyone, I'll review this stuff shortly
    IP

Glad to hear that, Rob.

Here's another one: I'm using the the rather cumbersome workaround in order to use the light interface and would greatly appreciate it if it would be officially supported again!
    IP