Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hosting services - free and paid

Looking for some Hosting Service suggestions, to load some websites on...
    1- looking for a 'free' Hosting Service to load some test files on
    2- looking for a paid for service, that has unlimited bandwidth and plenty of space

I use GoDaddy now and after a couple Server or web rerouting issues this year (including as I type), I would like to find a free basic hosting option to load the basic pages for a site I have on to, to test and insure it works and can re-direct a domain there until the GD server is accessible again.

And wondering about some options to maybe migrate to, or use for backup sites, when GD has issues like seen recently.

I thought Xara had a basic free hosting option, even if for the first XX months. But not finding this in my initial search for.

thanks in advance,
    Frolin

Default Re: Hosting services - free and paid

I can't remember who first mentioned Infinity Hosting; I want to say Acorn, but he seems too obvious. Anyway, I didn't jump in myself as I have a resellers account, but other than not providing email support or free SSL it apears to be worth looking into.

Free and Unlimited Web Hosting with PHP and MySQL - InfinityFree

Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    Looking for some Hosting Service suggestions, to load some websites on...
    1- looking for a 'free' Hosting Service to load some test files on
    2- looking for a paid for service, that has unlimited bandwidth and plenty of space

I use GoDaddy now and after a couple Server or web rerouting issues this year (including as I type), I would like to find a free basic hosting option to load the basic pages for a site I have on to, to test and insure it works and can re-direct a domain there until the GD server is accessible again.

And wondering about some options to maybe migrate to, or use for backup sites, when GD has issues like seen recently.

I thought Xara had a basic free hosting option, even if for the first XX months. But not finding this in my initial search for.

thanks in advance,
    Frolin
    Xara does have a free hosting service for loading and reviewing test files before production. The hosting service comes bundled with the Xara Desktop products ProX and Web Premium. Also, if you are interested in the new Designer Pro+ bundle directly through Xara, then we can get you hosting as well. https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/

Reach us through email or chat at www.xara.com

Be careful - virtually all the "cheap" hosting sites are now owned by one company - Endurance - and they all have some things in common. 1- The first thing they do is cut everything to the bone to max profits and service is one of the things that suffer. 2- they transfer all customer service to an operation in India that handles all of their companies so when you get someone on the line they are answering for dozens of companies, not just the one you called on, so may not have the info to solve your problem. 3- When you sign up for their "cheap" program, you have to be very careful as they have already checked boxes that add to the cost - many times 100's of percent over your expected cost. 4- Virtually all have the "cheap" rate for maybe one year then it bounces up. 5- They host on their own servers and with the cheaper plans they seem to have major problems.

Whatever company you are looking at, do a google search - "Who owns xxxx company." If it is Endurance, run, don't walk.

I have used Startlogic for years but look at reviews today and they are in the toilet. One of the companies that rate hosting companies gives them a 2.4 rating.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

I second Jeb's emotion. We started with Arvixe in 2014. The ratings were high, and the service was great for about a year. They were then sold to EIG (Endurance), and the service went down quickly. Blacklisting for emails was constant, down times were significant, and service was abysmal. We switched to GreenGeeks about two years ago and have never had an issue. I suggest you stay clear of any EIG affiliate. You can see them listed here: Endurance_International_Group.