Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF manual for Pro+

I’ve got the on line manual but navigating is a pain. Has anyone found a PDF copy of Pro+ as yet? My thanks,

-Bill

PS. The on line manual is here. http://support-dl.xara.com/pdf/Versi...nerProPlus.pdf
    Even though it’s listed as a PDF, it doesn’t act like a standard PDF in terms of bookmarks etc.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: PDF manual for Pro+

At one point the V18 Magix was not updated.

Hello,

This is most certainly a normal PDF. Just download it, and bookmark it yourself at will (no bookmarks at present).

This link is to the manual as at 20 April 2020.
    Perhaps you already have this in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\HelpAndSupport\ENG\ as XaraDesignerProPlus.pdf?
    I cannot remember if I put mine there or Xara included it in the install.

In the same folder is xarax.chm. Mine is dated 26 May 2021 so is up-to-date to version 21.3 and covered all addition/changes from v20.0 of 04 June 2020.

As a bridge, I have also downloaded the Pro+ Release Notes: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-plus/ to the same folder. [via Import from Web into Xara > Scroll with PDF button - crude but a stop-gap]
    @Xara - The big Download button returns a 404 though: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...s/xr_files.txt has no Pro+_ReleaseNotes_Public.pdf present.

In the meantime, you could try https://pdfcandy.com/chm-to-pdf.html with xarax.chm. This does not create an index but PDF searches do work well.

Acorn

P.S. Moved to Dear Xara Forum
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@lex. Problem is Lex I can’t download it. All I can do is open it. Correction. I had to send to Acrobat to open the thing.
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Bill,

Not sure how you re opening it, but in Vivaldi browser, there is a download option right on th PDF page.

In Microsoft Edge there is a SAVE batton to allow you to download it too.

How are you viewing it, and why can't you download it?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I was able to download, then I opened Acrobat and imported the manual. This works now.
    Thanks all
    W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I have been experimenting, so treat the following with a pinch...

In C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\Product_eng.cfg, I have appended a new entry at the end of the [Links] section: PDFManualLink=C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\HelpAndSupport\ENG\xarax.pdf, where you replace the xarax.pdf filename with that of your most recent PDF file. You could link to the on-line version above instead but i prefer keeping my assets off-line.
    You do need Admin privileges to update this file.

The end result is this additional Help entry:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-15 120844.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	129856

All we now need is the updated manual...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat