Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pro 18 png. exporting issue results in layered look to colour transitions etc..

I wonder if you are able to advise me please. I've just upgraded to Designer Pro 18 but have found that when I export png file the image results in a stepped effect rather than smooth transitions of colour & shadows etc. I have a feeling I had this a few years ago but can not remember the solution. Thank you in advance, Br. Yonten Phuntsok

Default Re: Pro 18 png. exporting issue results in layered look to colour transitions etc..

We truly need to see your design file and its exported PNG to be able to offer any assist in this.

If I was using my Acorn RiscPC, i might have set colour depth to 256; this is far harder on a modern PC so until we have your files, I might suggest hardware is also a possible failure route.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Pro 18 png. exporting issue results in layered look to colour transitions etc..

following on... might you just have the colour depth in xarx png export settiings set to 256 [or below]
    Last edited by handrawn; 10 June 2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you friends for your insights. Having looked at the exported files I have noticed that this only occours when I upload them to the Pexels site when viewed in the gallery, but when I download the images they are fine, so I believe it to be something their end possibly.

Thank you again,

Be Well, Br. Yonten