Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Open Open Office files

I still work quite a bit in Open Office, and people send me Open Office files, both as 'Writer' .odt and 'Draw' .odg documents.

It would help enormously to move entirely across to Xara Designer Pro+ if those Open Office files could be opened successfully (and even saved back in Open Office format, though the saving back is not so important).

Thanks,

Seamus

Info Re: Open Open Office files

Seamus, why not convert to MS Word from OpenOffice or use some on-line convector to MS Word:

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Open Open Office files

Thanks for those links!
    That's a good idea!

Seamus

Can open office export to PDF? This is another file format that works well in Xara.

Libreoffice which is a branch of open office exports as PDF.

Ray K.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can open office export to PDF? This is another file format that works well in Xara.
    Yes it can, Gary, and I've used that as a workaround. Indeed, Xara's handling of PDFs is excellent!