Hi, I'm a longtime Xara user (since 2009). I recently updated from Xara 17 to 18, and have a couple issues.

Parallel installs?
(I don't know if this is a "feature or a bug" in developer talk, but I consider it a bug...)

1st) When I updated, an entire new instance of Xara was installed on my machine, instead of just updating the current installation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	129817

• This means I have to go through various tasks, like replacing my startup and taskbar shortcuts, and try to find any other customizations I've made in 17 and copy them over to 18 (custom templates, the backups folder contents...
  • is there anything else? Do I need to do this with fonts or anything? If so--where are these locations I need to copy over?).

Do I delete the old one?
After I get everything copied over and settled, can I uninstall the old install? Was there a way I could have installed this so it just upgraded the 17 version? It seems there's too much nonsense that goes along with this type of update--please consider improvements here (unless I'm the only one who feels this way, then disregard I suppose)

Icons Too Small
2nd) After updating, the icons in some views are too small to be useful to me.

See this screenshot of the 17 and 18 versions of Xara side-by-side:

Name:	xara ui ux problems.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	129818

• This is a real UI/UX problem for me, even a "deal breaker" with some apps (I rarely use GIMP anymore because they can't seem to get their Icon sizing to work for various viewport resolutions, and it makes it difficult to use those apps.)
  • I primarily use a 4K monitor, which may have something to do with this, although I don't understand why the icons look okay on 17 and then are so small in 18. Further, when it comes to a pro graphics app, I would think a lot of your clientele have hi-res monitors.

Here's that screenshot in 2 parts--seems this forum software doesn't like the size of the original image:

vsn 17 side:

Name:	xara ui ux problems 17.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	129819

vsn 18 side:

Name:	xara ui ux problems 18.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	129820

• If there is a setting I can manipulate to make the icons useful again, please let me know.
  • Otherwise, please fix this soon and issue an update (I'm being warned I have 5 days left on my upgrade period, so do I try to "downgrade" to 17 for the better UX, or do I hope you fix this in time?)

I've chosen Xara over Adobe or any other vector design app (now that I think of it, I've even made websites and animations using Xara) because it's intuitive and provides excellent value. So I hope you can fix some of these issues.

Thanks for any help