Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Name Gallery should include No Fill as a Used Colour

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok but it did not answer my question - if I apply transparency it does not affect the outline -is that not what you meant? not possible to tell from a screen shot
    In the screenshot, I applied 90% to 10% Transparency and the Line faded at the same rate.
    On the bottom set I did something to ensure the Line did not fade when these same transparencies were applied.
    Equally, I can set any transparency for the Line that I choose, regardless of the transparency of the Fill.
    It is this disconnect that Xara cannot achieve.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ah - is this beacuse you are grouping - one of xara's little unannounced gotchas [sorry rob] is the removal in pro+ [maybe earlier I am not sure] of the utilities menu > options > general tab 'make groups be transparent as a whole' option -still possible to switch with regedit - i tend to work with this off; default appears to be on
    Last edited by handrawn; 09 June 2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: i made sows pinna of that post sorry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ah - is this beacuse you are grouping - one of xara's little unannounced gotchas [sorry rob] is the removal in pro+ [maybe earlier I am not sure] of the utilities menu > options > general tab 'make groups be transparent as a whole' option -still possible to switch with regedit - i tend to work with this off; default appears to be on
    handrawn, I am not using groups at all.

Thank you, I have discovered something that I should have known.
    If you switch to the Transparency Tool and click-drag a selected object, you get a Linear Fill at 100% and the object's Line is unaffected.
    If you change that Transparency to Flat, you get 50% for both Fill and Line and they are now locked in step even when you change the transparency type again.
    When Flat you can dial the transparency to anything and when you switch away the Line retains that setting, but importantly the 0-100% range of the new transparency type is centred around the underlying Flat value.

To reset the Line to fully opaque, go Flat 0%.

I opened up v10 and played with the Option you mentioned.
    There are a few occasions that I might have a need so I'll keep v10 or play with the Registry.

I do use Grouping with Transparencies: I apply a transparency then group the object to itself and apply another transparency.
    With different profiles, you can achieve some powerful effects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lantern.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	129838

The red is the background so inside the shape those bits are fully transparent.

Quite a digression from the need to nail No Fill as a colour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

discovery is what it's all about

after post I looked at the registry for pro+, but didn't see what I remembered; maybe it has gone there too, maybe I am mis-remembering - either way it is minus for renewing my pro+ sub

still a bit confused about your post #7, but I'll look further into it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...