Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
I wouldn't expect a post like that from a professional product manager.

Attacking users on a personal level for "blunt" posts is not the way to go.

Let me help you.

"This isn't unique behaviour to Xara, this isn't something special. This is standard behaviour across desktop publishing apps.

We will fix this issue - thanks for bringing it to our attention"
Look, I'm not going to put on a corporate hat and be some soulless entity to TG. My start here will be that of open transparency, of honesty and communication. If I see a post where the first page is that of unjustified constant complaining (i.e. in this case a behaviour that is standard), I'm going to call it out. There is no need for this and it doesn't help me fix problems or improve the product.

And I will start that by saying this - If the powers that be go through the forums and see nothing but negativity, they'll decide either to shut it down, or strictly moderate everything that goes on here. I don't want either to happen, but rather I want to work with everyone here and help make the product better. I still believe TG is a great resource for that, and I'm more than happy to accept criticism of either me or the product to further better it, but it has to be what boy said earlier - 'constructive working relationship'. I see a new and revitalised TG in the future, but it can only happen if old habits die off, from me included.

I've hijacked this thread already enough, I've recorded the problem, will investigate solutions and will update the help. I know Gary does a lot of books and I do want to help him in his workflow.