Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default When a List is NOT a list.

I was trying to add some text to a piece I was writing in Pro+ in which I was referring to A. Smith, which is how a friend refers to herself.

Except Pro+ took the liberty of assuming the A. was part of a numbered list starting with A. and would not let me override this formatting.
    IP

Default Re: When a List is NOT a list.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I was trying to add some text to a piece I was writing in Pro+ in which I was referring to A. Smith, which is how a friend refers to herself.

Except Pro+ took the liberty of assuming the A. was part of a numbered list starting with A. and would not let me override this formatting.
    Gary, you press the ESC key immediately after and you stop it dead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I see what Gary is saying

I am not sure when and whether esc mitigates this 'smart'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

My mistake, it should be Backspace+Backspace.

All thumbs tonight!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I am not sure that works

if I type A. Smith and then hit return I get the B. - if I hit backspace once it removes the B. but leaves indent - hit backspace again it returns me to the end of the A.Smith line - if I then hit return to continue back comes the B. - am I doing something wrong?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am not sure that works

if I type A. Smith and then hit return I get the B. - if I hit backspace once it removes the B. but leaves indent - hit backspace again it returns me to the end of the A.Smith line - if I then hit return to continue back comes the B. - am I doing something wrong?
    handrawn, I tried and it worked. It was a Text Area.
    Yet to try the bullet control. I think that is cheating though.

Acorn
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

Try a Hard Space after the period. Type capital A, then a period, then a Ctrl-Spacebar, then Smith.
    IP

Try a Hard Space after the period. Type capital A, then a period, then a Ctrl-Spacebar, then Smith.
    My head is spinning, Dan.

Steve - I have produced 9 paperback books in Designer Pro. Bottom line, I know how to make the program do the things I was trained to do and do the things I did when I was in advertising and then graphic design. So while I complain about missing features, it's a matter getting the tools to do what I want them to do.

Of the 5 books I have produced for Mary, 3 have won best in category in the New Mexico - Arizona Book Awards, and one for another author got a best cover design in the same contest.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    In extremis, use Ctrl+Space, if you can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Snap!

Acorn
    IP