Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: When a List is NOT a list.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I wouldn't expect a post like that from a professional product manager.

Attacking users on a personal level for "blunt" posts is not the way to go.

Let me help you.

"This isn't unique behaviour to Xara, this isn't something special. This is standard behaviour across desktop publishing apps.

We will fix this issue - thanks for bringing it to our attention"
    Look, I'm not going to put on a corporate hat and be some soulless entity to TG. My start here will be that of open transparency, of honesty and communication. If I see a post where the first page is that of unjustified constant complaining (i.e. in this case a behaviour that is standard), I'm going to call it out. There is no need for this and it doesn't help me fix problems or improve the product.

And I will start that by saying this - If the powers that be go through the forums and see nothing but negativity, they'll decide either to shut it down, or strictly moderate everything that goes on here. I don't want either to happen, but rather I want to work with everyone here and help make the product better. I still believe TG is a great resource for that, and I'm more than happy to accept criticism of either me or the product to further better it, but it has to be what boy said earlier - 'constructive working relationship'. I see a new and revitalised TG in the future, but it can only happen if old habits die off, from me included.

I've hijacked this thread already enough, I've recorded the problem, will investigate solutions and will update the help. I know Gary does a lot of books and I do want to help him in his workflow.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I see a new and revitalised TG in the future, but it can only happen if old habits die off, from me included.
    That's good.

Better that users be open about their issues than bury them in some sanitised post. I've had enough criticism of my own in my time but I try to see it as an opportunity to look again at the problem not as some personal affront. Often that criticism is justified even if delivered in a less than diplomatic way.

You've gained an insight about how one user feels about Xara and often if one user feels like that, others do too, but by addressing the issue raised you can change that viewpoint not just for one person but for everyone.

Never make personal attacks, always address the issue raised.

Thank you for responding, I appreciate that, and I hope you continue to grow into your new role and the new mindset that it demands.

I really want to see Xara do well and for you to flourish in your career. Wear some shinguards in case of further kickbacks.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Never make personal attacks, always address the issue raised.
    No part of my threads here were personal attacks, nor have I ever done so against anyone at TG. I'm sorry if you saw it that way.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    No part of my threads here were personal attacks, nor have I ever done so against anyone at TG. I'm sorry if you saw it that way.
    I did, but let's move on.
    IP

We all have our personal colours radiating from us.
    Equally, we all have different colour filters.

Mine are defaulted to BLACK with WHITE but sometimes they toggle around.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I'm closing this thread.
    IP