Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Generating sub /xxx/xxx.htm pages

Sorry if this question has been answered may times

I need to generate a URL that is not directly on the same level as my web site eg

myweb.com/mypages1/myweb.html

In Xara I just add pages and Xara just generates a flat page system based off the website name

Not sure how to force a page to a xyz.com/abc/page.htm location

Thanks

Tim

Default Re: Generating sub /xxx/xxx.htm pages

The way I do it is to create a totally separate site in Xara and manually export to a folder on my HDD. Using your example, I would name the folder abc. I then upload the whole folder to xyz.com using an FTP prgram, FileZilla in my case. You can then make a link to xyz.com/abc and your new website would be displayed.

As an example, the following pics are, 1) the main site (xyz.com) 2) inside the folders (house, julie, players, portal, solea or tv).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	129803 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	129804

Thanks

It have been many years since I used Filezila

After I posted I though I would try another method. As there would be only one page needed in the new \sub\ domain I made a whole new xara file for that page and told xara the folder to stick it in. That seems to work. However Xara seems to have stuck a big banner on the top of the page advertising it's. I have to find out how to remove it.

BTW I seem to be unable to figure out how to force xara to export the page to a location on my HD. I used to do it that way and copy / paste the files using filezila. I have to do some searching...

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post

BTW I seem to be unable to figure out how to force xara to export the page to a location on my HD. I used to do it that way and copy / paste the files using filezila. I have to do some searching...

Go to: File/Export website...

No idea about the ad banner, but to export to a local HDD...in Xara: File > Export Web Document.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Go to: File/Export website...
    Doooow

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    After I posted I though I would try another method. As there would be only one page needed in the new \sub\ domain I made a whole new xara file for that page and told xara the folder to stick it in. That seems to work. However Xara seems to have stuck a big banner on the top of the page advertising it's. I have to find out how to remove it.
    Tim Box, as it is a single page you need to check you have Utilities > Options > General > document editing > Document type: Web document AND in Web Properties > Export Transitions> Transition effect: Website. This will disable Page preview/Xara logo/(PDF download).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So now I'm stuck on this banner that's been added to the page

The page is set as a 640 web page (VGA)

Ok just posted after Acorn posted the answer

Many thanks Acorn

Tim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara banner.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	129805

@TimBox, but did my reply work?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat