Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default copy and paste text from Xara 3D to lXara Designer Preo

I have been trying to copy text that I have created in Xara 3D and paste it to Xara Designer Pro with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: copy and paste text from Xara 3D to lXara Designer Preo

I seem to recall you cannot extract vector from xara3D, only save to PNG, GIF or WMF [I think] - been a long time since I used it

pasting from one program to another uses the MS clipboard which may not be reading the xara3D info correctly [or at all], or it may be that the xara3D effect is not actually supported in designer which might use a different extrusion methodology

I could be wrong...

what I am pretty sure of though is that xara3D is/was a specific tool for the specific job of creating banners etc for websites; and as such it was intended to be at the end of the graphic design chain, so you may be out of luck; hopefully not

if all else fails, can you create the text in designer using it's extrusion tool ?
    Last edited by handrawn; 07 June 2021 at 07:51 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you have Designer Pro, a more recent version, you can use the Extrude Tool to do most of the same things you can do in Xara 3D.

You can copy & paste between Xara3D & Xara Designer. To do so, go Edit / SelectAll / Copy. Then Paste it into XD. However it will only be a transparent png.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg - I was pretty sure you could not copy paste vector... but I've not used the program since the heady days of spinning football logos
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You can copy & paste between Xara3D & Xara Designer. To do so, go Edit / SelectAll / Copy. Then Paste it into XD. However it will only be a transparent png.

Sounds right to me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.