Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Newb here

Question Newb here

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a resource that teaches every single icon and function of Xara Designer Pro X. I am a global learner and I need to learn everything. Usually I rely on clicking the little "?" then mousing over the button to see what it is/does but I don't see anything of that sort.

Thanks.

Edit: I JUST found the user manual. I feel dumb. However, if there is a video version of someone going thru all the features I would love it. Thanks.

Edit 2: Do all graphic design programs essentially use the same icons?
    Last edited by JuibofMorrowind; 05 June 2021 at 08:31 AM.

Default Re: Newb here

edit 2 is a no... although there is some copycat-ing

f1 key is what you want for context help in xara

there is lots of tutorial and you-tube video around; don't have any links to hand, but feel sure other members will

in the program help menu there should be a link to movies which is a starting place
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome to TalkGraphics

In any menu, press Help for a context sensitive explanation relating to that specific menu. And as Steve points out, press F1 to explain the functions of the selected tool.

Juib, if you are into details try Utilities > Customise key shortcuts (Alt-U-H).
    You will uncover most functions that way.

My table in http://acorn.xara.hosting covers most XDPX version detail but I have not updated it in a time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat