Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WDP18 - new features

1. Anybody know how to save website settings? I always use the pen tool and have never been able to save it in the toolbar on closing.
    I opened a new 1200px website page (why on earth don't xara update these sizes?) added the pen tool to the toolbar and saved the page as a template.....
    Closed down, relaunch, select new from template and of course, the pen tool is not in he toolbar.

2. Anybody know how to Publish Documents Online - this could be useful for some of my clients....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	save settings.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	129778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish docs.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	129779  

Default Re: WDP18 - new features

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    1. Anybody know how to save website settings? I always use the pen tool and have never been able to save it in the toolbar on closing.
    I opened a new 1200px website page (why on earth don't xara update these sizes?) added the pen tool to the toolbar and saved the page as a template.....
    Closed down, relaunch, select new from template and of course, the pen tool is not in he toolbar.

2. Anybody know how to Publish Documents Online - this could be useful for some of my clients....
    LGF

1a. You need to create a New Control bar and add the Pen Tool to that.
    1b. You can use XaReg helper app > General > Show Pen Tool on Flyout.

2. Use Web Properties > Export, change Transition from Website to any other and the Viewer option > Pdf download is accessible.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 June 2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks as always Acorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF

1a. You need to create a New Control bar and add the Pen Tool to that.
    1b. You can use XaReg helper app > General > Show Pen Tool on Flyout.

2. Use Web Properties > Export, change Transition form Website to any other and the Viewer option > Pdf download is accessible.

Acorn
    Sorry Acorn - When I do all pages web preview, I get the pages at the bottom of the screen - great - - I just don't see the download pdf option.

When I publish the site for real, it just shows the "ordinary" site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	129781  
    Last edited by letsgofishing; 04 June 2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Sorry Acorn - I get all the pages at the bottom of the screen which will be great for menu downloads etc - I just don't see the download pdf option
    LGF, check the document you pulled the image from and see if it is for XDPXv18 or XWDPv18.

UPDATE: found it - https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-we...mium/#c1382716, so XWDP should have the capability.
    It is here in monochrome: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web...Anchor:588mmsh

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, check the document you pulled the image from and see if it is for XDPXv18 or XWDPv18.

UPDATE: found it - https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-we...mium/#c1382716, so XWDP should have the capability.
    It is here in monochrome: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web...Anchor:588mmsh

Acorn
    It's Xara Web Designer Premium 18.0.0.61670 DL x64 Mar 22 2021 - don't understand why I don't get that option - that's really a bummer.
    I'll try and get hold of tech support and see what they say

My XWDP doesn't have the PDF option either. Looks exactly the same as LGF's screenshot.

The comparatives between Web Designer Premium and Designer Pro https://www.xara.com/eu/designer-pro/compare/ (if this is up to-date) suggest you do not have an PDF export option in Web Designer Premium.

With Pro, the Viewer Options, assuming Export is a Transitional/ Supersite provides the additional PDF checkbox. If you export as a Website, these options are not available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Export-View PDF.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	129792

I can't tell whether the WDP exclusion is intended in the new releases.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    The comparatives between Web Designer Premium and Designer Pro https://www.xara.com/eu/designer-pro/compare/ (if this is up to-date) suggest you do not have an PDF export option in Web Designer Premium.

With Pro, the Viewer Options, assuming Export is a Transitional/ Supersite provides the additional PDF checkbox. If you export as a Website, these options are not available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Export-View PDF.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	129792

I can't tell whether the WDP exclusion is intended in the new releases.
    Gary
    Gary, said the Website bit in the very first Response.

Methinks this is another Magix muck-up. If the "Publish document online - New since November 2020" is wrong than Magix is trading close to the wind.
    If the Release Notes are wrong then Xara has a hand in it.

The last modified date of the Comparison page is 06 May 2021; this does not means it is accurate.
    The Web section is common to XWDP and XDPX, yet the Import/Export section states DPF(/X) Export is explicitly disallowing them.

@Rob-Xar - I am moving this Thread to the Dear Xara Forum for Xara to clarify.

Acorn

Web Designer Premium doesn't have the ability to export to PDF, so it was removed from the export tab. The Magix website is incorrect in this case. I will contact them to ensure this gets updated.

Thanks
    Rob