Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Management Update

Rob, that all sounds very promising! If you can make it happen, that would be wonderful. XDP is a gem that has lost some of its shine due to years of delayed maintenance and rather haphazard development. Of course, Eva's and your more recent efforts to reverse this trend have been noticed! I hope this gives you a running start as the new Product Managers! Congrats and thanks to Eva!

Please explain Rob how and what is the priority of bugs in the Magix version? Where do we report it and when would we see results/updates?
    I also like to suggest to make the desktop version of + available to buyers if they choose to not upgrade, this is a major factor for people choosing Magix and not the +, one that I made my decision on, and also free web space, meaning you have to have servers for it.

All bugs are prioritised according to their severity and the number of times they are reported. I.e. doing something that crashes the program will obviously be ranked very highly as opposed to say, a spelling mistake.

We don't withhold bug fixes from any version. If it gets fixed, it'll get released to all version depending on their release cycle. It may not make it into the release of the Magix version if it say was reported a few weeks before launch (with exceptions to critical issues), and will have to make it into either a patch shortly after or the next version. This depends on Magix's release cycle, something that I don't have full control over.

I understand for many users here that they wish to purchase the program outright rather than subscribe, and something I can certainly suggestion but that decision is not mine to make. I will however make sure that the Pro+ subscription is a worthy consideration over the Magix Update Service (more so than it already is).

Rob, congratulations. Most positive and exciting news I have heard from Xara in a long time. Wishing you a most excellent journey in your new gig.

Rob and Eva, congratulations to you both, excellent news!

Many thanks, Eva, and best of fortunes in your new endeavor, Congratulations, Rob! Delighted you're moving into the product manager position. Yayy! Your signon is Rob-Xar for a reason.

I've congratulated you already on becoming a Project Mananager Rob but without understanding your new role. So I Googled 'Project Manager' and came across this link.

Tongue in cheek but I hope you understand your new position better than I having read half of this post ....

LINK
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 04 June 2021 at 07:52 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I've congratulated you already on becoming a Project Mananager Rob but without understanding your new role. So I Googled 'Project Manager' and came across this link.
    Tongue in cheek but I hope you understand your new position better than me having read half of this post ....
    LINK
    Egg, you did mean Product Manager as the Link is for that.

A product manager is the lead for the company for delivering and managing the product to market including subsequent updates.
    They are usually in charge of the product's technical roadmap as well.
    Theirs is a juggling act to maintain its coherence in cost, function, history, delivery and worth: ownership and control of quality.

Hope that helps.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You're correct as always Acorn. I should learn not to reply to thread posts after a good afternoon session in Wetherspoons
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Best to both of you. Eva has been very helpful here and you deserve the new challenges for all that you have contributed. Well done.