Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Management Update

This morning I received an email from Magix asking to participate in an XDP survey, signed by Eva Kalbfell, Product Manager, Xara Designer Pro X. Would this be the same Eva who just left Xara?

Any non-compete clause in this case might not have been an obstacle because Xara's majority owners also hold a minority stake in Magix.

Eva-K:

https://de.linkedin.com/in/eva-kalbfell

scroll down to Berufserfahrung [work experience]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, there you have it. It's of course possible that the email message was an older one, still in her name. Rob-Xar may have some more information on this.

Info Re: Management Update

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    This morning I received an email from Magix asking to participate in an XDP survey, signed by Eva Kalbfell, Product Manager, Xara Designer Pro X. Would this be the same Eva who just left Xara?
    That is the same Eva. Eva was Product Manager for Xara's Desktop Applications. I assume Matt Bolton is Product Manager for Xara Cloud. Each has it own technical roadmap and while there is a shared overlap, some Templates are kept apart, probably for commercial and marketing rather than technical reasons.

The XDA is delivered as Xara Pro+ through Xara and installed as C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\18 at current version: Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642 DL x64 Mar 18 2021.
    The XDA is delivered as Xara Pro+ through Xara and installed as C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+ at current version: Xara Designer Pro+ 21.3.0.62275 SL x64 May 27 2021.

There is a slight fiction with v21 as in the MS Registry, we have:

• Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\18\Options\DebugFlags\IniFileVersion: 18.0.0.61642 for XDXPv18.0.
    • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\18\Options\DebugFlags\IniFileVersion: 18.3.0.62275 for XPro+v21.3.

Essentially XPro+ and XDPX are the same product as different sub-sub-versions. All the other Magix XDAs are carved out of the same lump. So much so that in XPro+ configuration file there are still Magix hooks.

Eva, as Product Manager, would deliver an agreed version to Magix and it then adds Magix links into the hooks and throws in all its other packages. Xara Pro+ is therefore less tainted with flim-flammery.

In summary, it is all the same product. Magix versions are controlled and delayed by Magix to allow it to market lesser versions and later ones to its customers through its Update Service.
    XPro+ is the real deal but a pure subscription model, which is equal in value to the Magix Update Service for those who renew annually.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Well, there you have it. It's of course possible that the email message was an older one, still in her name. Rob-Xar may have some more information on this.
    Eva hasn't left yet, her last day will be Friday this coming week. Currently she is transitioning all responsibilities to me. The survey that gets sent out is directed by the Product Manager (i.e. Eva in that case) through Magix. Those results will eventually land on my desk (I actually haven't looked at the current survey) but future surveys will be constructed by me. I know roughly what I want to ask and find out from desktop users.

Matt is the CEO, Aaron is the product manager for Cloud whom I will work with to help deliver Cloud stuff (as desktop is the engine behind cloud).

Thanks for clearing that up, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Matt is the CEO, Aaron is the product manager for Cloud whom I will work with to help deliver Cloud stuff (as desktop is the engine behind cloud).
    Thanks Rob, Does Aaron engage in the Xara Cloud TG Forum? We would appreciate his inputs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not really, predominately as the audience of TG is desktop focused. He interacts directly with cloud and team customers (more towards bigger accounts). We pass relevant information back to him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    My focus is to give you a product with useful features. Exciting features. Modern features. To give you a product to write home about. I look forward to working with you all, and to get things done
    Looks like there will be good reasons to update to the next version of XDP Wishing you great success.

Congratulations Eva! And Rob congrats on your new position. Many thanks for getting me out of several jams over the years!
    GO PRO+ !

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.