Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrade to ProX

Default Re: Upgrade to ProX

I just upgraded to the design pro x, because I wanted to add a web design program and I already had Xara page and design layout. Magix stated it was all xara programs in one package. Only thing is it reminds me of page and design layout program and not a web design tool. Am I missing something? I added the x builder templates that came with the upgrade. I don't see widgets and limited navigation bar options in the design gallery. The templates are flat, and only show one page, not the linking page. Any assistance would be nice. Also don't mention the xara cloud, that is a whole other feature, that I could have paid for without the program. I wanted to update and refresh and old website on our own hosting site and add a new e-commerce site.

edit: so I just went and downloaded the trial program xara web design premium, and now my design pro x asked me if I wanted to register it for .web... Why wasn't it already included if I was upgrading..
    Last edited by Kelticmaid; 21 June 2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added to post

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticmaid View Post
    I just upgraded to the design pro x, because I wanted to add a web design program and I already had Xara page and design layout. Magix stated it was all xara programs in one package. Only thing is it reminds me of page and design layout program and not a web design tool. Am I missing something? I added the x builder templates that came with the upgrade. I don't see widgets and limited navigation bar options in the design gallery. The templates are flat, and only show one page, not the linking page. Any assistance would be nice. Also don't mention the xara cloud, that is a whole other feature, that I could have paid for without the program. I wanted to update and refresh and old website on our own hosting site and add a new e-commerce site.
    edit: so I just went and downloaded the trial program xara web design premium, and now my design pro x asked me if I wanted to register it for .web... Why wasn't it already included if I was upgrading..
    Kelticmaid, welcome to TalkGraphics. Xara Designer ProX is all of the above.
    I would suggest you look at the on-line assets explaining how to create websites.

Open The Local Designs gallery and right-click on the Blue folders and pick Download All. This will make over 3GB of templates locally accessible.
    An alternative is to access the On-line Content Catalogue (Insert > From Content Catalogue or Selector Tool followed by Shift+Alt+I).

Flat templates? XBuilder components are designed for Xara Web Designer Premium but work extremely well in your XDPX. These are not templates but things you drop onto a design to build up a design; the clue is in its name.
    These can be used with all the Xara Templated would have now accessed as described above. You could also download some of the free templates from XaraTemplates.com , the creator of XBuilder or even buy some.

What "linking page"? On the page, right-click & pick Multiple Page View.
    Xara Cloud is free. If you had bought into Xara Cloud+, you would have got Xara Design Pro+ for free as part of the subscription package.

To add ecommerce to a Xara design, you will have to use a third-party Widget, available in the Local Designs gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn for the assistance. Probably why I'm afraid of going on Xara Cloud is because I was a beta tester for it and didn't realize that I was one when I first got my Design and Page layout program. I designed full Newsletters on it and asked lots of questions, loved the assistance I got from the team, however, when it went live I had to download all my work back to the desktop and found it wasn't quite compatible. Had several errors and to this day it is painful updating each newsletter. With the upgrade to Design pro x, the error messages have gone, thank be.. It was a graphics java code error that would sometimes crash the program. It did not like recurring graphics that I used on Xara cloud. I know I have one year free on XARA Cloud with my recent purchase, however, I don't want to lose my progress after a year, if it wants me to purchase a subscription to use the other functions I've come to depend on. I wish there were more tutorials on Design pro x.

Also what I had mentioned above, in the local design gallery the web folders were missing on my original download and registration, till I downloaded the free trial version of the web design, then the design x asked to register and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticmaid View Post
    Also what I had mentioned above, in the local design gallery the web folders were missing on my original download and registration, till I downloaded the free trial version of the web design, then the design x asked to register and download it.
    Cheers for the reply. The quoted part still does not make sense unless the registration process got screwed.

Perhaps it's you!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat