Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to ProX

Default Re: Upgrade to ProX

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    .No nags, more updates, more service.
    True, but yearly mandatory subscription fees, or else nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    True, but yearly mandatory subscription fees, or else nothing.
    Let's say @behzad runs with Xara Pro+ for a year. At the end, he stops. He carries on using his bought XDPXv18.0. He could buy back into Magix at the near similar rate and almost get the same functionality but would probably have to buy again to match his last Pro+. He could alternate year-on-year at a cost of X yearly or even renew every second year (X/2 yearly).

For a hobbyist, this is one bought coffee less every week/fortnight. For a professional, it is a business cost in the noise.

Like anything, stop when it hurts.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@BWOOD Due to covid, more than 2/3 of my clients went away, so in future now that Rob is onboard, I may switch over, meanwhile I will stick with the Magix one for the one year.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Nagging is in their blood LOL

@BWOOD Due to covid, more than 2/3 of my clients went away, so in future now that Rob is onboard, I may switch over, meanwhile I will stick with the Magix one for the one year.
    That choice surprises me - Acorn's advice seems very good.

The Magix updates seem slow and poor and the new features are emerging from Xara much more quickly, the version you'll get from Magix is very close to what you have now while the Xara version is at the forefront. If you don't resubscribe you won't have missed much as far as Magix goes and in a year you can decide to upgrade Magix (or not).

As far as I know the costs for one year are similar.

Maybe I have it wrong, but I think Acorn described the sweet spot for your circumstance. for the next year.

Behzad, you have clients and will get more. I do not charge excessively but a single client pays for my subscription, not in a charge but in my net income as I treat as a work tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When yearly upgrades (before the Magix update service and, later, the Xara subscription schemes) where still $ 89, I upgraded every year and was mostly quite happy. I just hope that Xara comes with a XDP+ version that we get to keep and doesn't cost as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    this is one bought coffee less every week/fortnight. For a professional, it is a business cost in the noise.
    [with the lifetime discount] hobbyist professional whomever it is less than 28p a day; you could put 28p in a jar every day for a year and provided temptation hadn't got the better of you first, you would be there; your decision

of course, you may have better use for that money
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    [with the lifetime discount] hobbyist professional whomever it is less than 28p a day; you could put 28p in a jar every day for a year and provided temptation hadn't got the better of you first, you would be there; your decision
    of course, you may have better use for that money
    Another look at it. Say you work professionally for just an hour a day for 250 working days in a year. That hour's use cost you 40p. What is your hourly rate?
    Increase it by 50p/h so you can have a free coffee every month.

Acorn

me being me I would put in a round 30p [besides all our 1p/2p/5p get grabbed by herself to go in the jar marked stamps]

of course there are those who swear cash is obsolete and will be gone within five years... sounds rather like they are on planet duck dodgers to me but there you go, maybe they hire gardners/ window cleaners / et al on a contract basis and pay them monthly... now that may well not work out cheaper...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It is good to know that I have friends here that look after me. But the reason I choose the Magix option was the other offers I got with the price. 1) Website M, Xara X Builder, Xara All Web Templates for $128 Canadian.