Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to ProX

Default Upgrade to ProX

Over the years I've had a few problems with P&LD and WDP - functions that don't exist in either or both, but do exist in Designer Pro X.
    I know this is subjective, but would $99 be worth it? And is the dreaded update service the same - updates for 1 year and then no more.
    I know I can download a keep a copy of the Designs Gallery.
    Are there any other worthwhile advantages of Pro X I'm not aware of?
    Thanks in advance.

Info Re: Upgrade to ProX

LGF, for an annual Subscription of $101.70 (using the LIFETIME voucher), you get Xara Pro+ and Xara Cloud+.

No Magix. You don't get to keep Pro+ after the end of your Subscription so at that point if you do not re-subscribe, use your $99 to buy back into Magix.
    Keep your current Xara applications installed; they can still be quite useful.

Upgrade to Designer Pro+ Now

LIFETIME 50% discount

Get it now at a 50% discount AND lock in this discount for your future renewals. Use the discount code LIFETIME.
    Download Xara Designer Pro+ for free to get started. Xara Cloud is included.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Upgrade to ProX

Hi Acorn,
    I (and my products) are still registered with Magix, and here is the upgrade offer I can get:?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix offer.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	129753

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I (and my products) are still registered with Magix, and here is the upgrade offer I can get:?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix offer.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	129753
    LGF, appreciate that but I think Xara Pro+ is better. It depends on what you need it for but I found Magix's lack of support and lock-outs beyond the pale.

I have written lot of Posts on this subject but you'll have to Search TG to locate them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, appreciate that but I think Xara Pro+ is better. It depends on what you need it for but I found Magix's lack of support and lock-outs beyond the pale.

I have written lot of Posts on this subject but you'll have to Search TG to locate them.

Acorn
    True Acorn, thanks for your input

If you can handle the magix nag screen then go for it. They even nag you after you upgraded to upgrade again LOL wtf. Does the + also nag the ass out of users?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    If you can handle the magix nag screen then go for it. They even nag you after you upgraded to upgrade again LOL wtf. Does the + also nag the ass out of users?
    Yeah - Keep getting it but I've got used to it - 1 more mouse click.
    And the Magix offer is a good one I reckon.

Does the + also nag the ass out of users?
    No, just the tedium of another upgrade.

Acorn

Nagging is in their blood LOL

Nagging is in their blood LOL
    @behzad. I’m really surprised on your professional use you haven’t upgraded to Pro+ yet. No nags, more updates, more service.
    I’ve got 4 websites on this service now and I’m pretty happy. A yearly for me just works. And if you so desire there’s the branding package they offer. I haven’t played with that, but could come in handy.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.