Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Named objects

Default Named objects

Is there a way to see a list of all the named objects (just the names) used in a website?
    I've changed the names of some of the objects and when I go to the "Link to Anchor" block it's really messy (and confusing)

Default Re: Named objects

If you use XDP, go to Utilities/Galleries/Name Gallery. XWD, even the premium version, doesn't have a Name Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Is there a way to see a list of all the named objects (just the names) used in a website?
    I've changed the names of some of the objects and when I go to the "Link to Anchor" block it's really messy (and confusing)
    LGF, in XDPX & Pro+, you have access to the Names gallery.

In your products, the list of Names appears in the Link to Anchor, where they are listed in last-used order and in the Utilities > Names box & Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll > Trigger object name where they are in alphabetical order.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Boy -all those years ago I should have gone for XDPX instead of WDP and P&GD) and Acorn for the tip

I've deleted the unwanted rectangles that served as anchor links, but when I go to the nav bar (for the used shapes) and check the anchor links, it still shows all the old ones too. Utilities>Names just shows the text for that particular anchor block.
    Thanks once again.

What happens if you close the file then re-open it. Does the deleted names still appear lgf?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Info Re: Named objects

For those starting off, here is an approach that is OTT but stops you getting lost: CSS - Pixie Anchoring.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Your attached xar file only appears to work if I lengthen the page Acorn ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Your attached xar file only appears to work if I lengthen the page Acorn ???
    Egg, you are missing the point about jumping to an Anchor. As I said (Construction, fourth bullet) if there is enough page length, a followed link to an Anchor will move to the top.

You can make the viewport shorter or the zoom greater and things will happen. The file does exactly what it says on the tin.

Acorn

Ah yes but as you stated:
    For those starting off, ......
    I would find on publishing your page that the links don't have any action
    Egg