Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pricing of website

I know that web design pricing depends on many factors. I was wondering what you guys charge around? Give me a price range for lets say a 5 page, mobile also website.
    It seems with the increase drag and drop web programs out there on the net, the value of web design has come down tremendously.

Default Re: Pricing of website

I have not done any websites for money for too long to guess. The Graphics Artists Guild Handbook for Pricing and Ethical Guidelines might be a good resource for this https://graphicartistsguild.org/the-...al-guidelines/

It seems to me that the pricing has shifted from the design and implementation of a website to the maintenance fees to keep the site current.

Once a lucrative business now everyone including their dog and grandmother can design one.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Once a lucrative business now everyone including their dog and grandmother can design one.
    That was the case once Xara created web designer.

Nothing is forever, we have to change and adapt.

The guy that used to shout "Extra, extra, read all about it" at a little stand selling newspapers is wondering what happened too. Time is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Which then fails SEO, accessibility and performance...

...there is an art to designing clean.

The number of pages is immaterial as it the number of Variants.
    Once you have a clean, solid design, which is the hard part, the addition of new material should be trivial.

The cost is in refining the styling, back and forth.
    The cost of curating all the disparate source material.
    The cost of documenting should there be late changes or rework or support.
    Throw in social media and other campaigns; makes you want to use Xara Pro+ or another product.

If you can create 5 pages in two days then the overall effort will be 10 days and much more if you do not nail the design at the front.
    What would you like your day rate to be?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat