Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MouseOver and MouseOff transitions are very Slow

Hello everybody,

I'm finding that the MouseOver and MouseOff transitions are very slow.

It will take almost a full second for the MouseOff or MouseOver states to actually appear.

Thinking the included NavBars may be complex, to account for the slow transition, I've even created a series of six buttons, each with just two states. A "MouseOff" green circle and a "MouseOver" red circle. It still takes almost a full second for the icons to switch from the green circle to the red circle when my Mouse-Arrow is placed over the green circle.

(Doing the same thing in a simple HTML page with javascript is much. much faster. I must be doing something wrong with the XARA-18 product)

Examining the "index.mtm" page with an editor does show lots of processing required for a response to the screen size but all of that processing is done before the page appears in the first place. Unless I'm wrong about that. Is the code built by XARA constantly re-evaluating the screen-size?

Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Default Re: MouseOver and MouseOff transitions are very Slow

Hi Paul

Is this happening when you preview or after you have published? And if after you have published can you post a link that we can check out?

The first suspect is always your ISP and how efficient their servers are. I publish test sites or test pages to xara.online and it is very slow. But the same page or site on my webhosting site is very fast.

There may be other more valid observations but these are what come to mind here.

Paul, select your circles. Pick Utilities > Web Animation.

In the Web Animation dialog, look at the Mouse-over tab and Document default settings.
    The Mouse-over effect should be Fade-Normal.

You can change the Effect and Speed to any of the drop down values.
    You want Fade-Instant or (any)-Instant or just <None>.

Xara's default is Fade-Normal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, GW and Acorn.

The Web Animation dialogs (Utilities > Web Animation) made a huge improvement.
    Looks like a fun couple of days ahead, and I appreciate you for that.

Regards,

Paul