Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Free Vector Tool

It must be the drugs. :) I couldn't find it.

Oh, as long as we're talking free toolkit apps, it must be hard to find some of Dimitri's apps and those of others because they've moved around since Gary Priester fist posted them on The Xara Xone, which is also hard to find.

So I've archived some of the ones I know still work with Xara Designer, and let me know if anyone has a problem with me hosting the apps on my MS OneDrive account. Because you WILL run into malware site if you just do a search.

xColor and xPal from Smokn' Gun Software—create named colors from imported bitmaps, and create your own PAL color liner palette.

Wikipedia's List of Named Colors This is not an app. It's just a comprehensive list of Named Colors, in case you want to create your own named color palette. Try downloading it as a PDF to save time in the future. And make a

donation to Wikipedia. And all resources listed here.

Spiro J - Is a spiral generator. Yeah, we have a Smart Shape that allows you to edit the spiral indefinitely, but only if you keep your account ($) up to date. It's small, it's simple, just download it and take it for a...spin.

Raster- is a utility that can turn a bitmap into a halftoned design, all the halftone dots are vectors. This is a neat way to turn a gradient into a halftone gradient.

Spray Can fill an entire page with object, anything from spirals to bubble, to "dragon hide", shown here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spray example.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	129722
    Thanks to anyone I've not named. Your devotion to better art through standalones Xara can use is of the greatest appreciation throughout the community.

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Wind-up-bot-8PNG.png
Views: 118
Size:  9.6 KB

Cheers Gare, Spray alone makes Canny Vectors look almost like a one-trick pony.

I have mine embedded as a Link in my default template so it is one click away: open, generate, copy to clipboard, paste, close.
    It is one of the few generators that

Name:	MosaicFly.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	129726

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I never thought of doing an embedded link...that's cool.

And I love the butterfly! ☆☆☆☆☆

I'm hoping I don't get tromped on by anyone for copying the files to a personal backup place. I really did run into malware in my searches. Plus Gary Priester's voluminous XaraXone pages for years is more or less hidden Or are they?, and most of the .inks to shareware are broken anyhow.

Additionally, and this has virtually nothing to do with Xara...AutoDesk's paint program, SketchBook (not "Pro"). It's "natural media" presented in a sort of different way. It ain't ArtRage, or Escape Motion's Rebelle, or Painter, but it can complement your work in Xara by painting, saving, and then importing as a fill or background.

Name:	SketchBook example.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	129729

Hey, it's FREE, Mac or Win! :)

We ought to open up a "really good freeware" place, considering any more appropriate place on tg has dust all over it!

—g

Name:  yogabot.gif
Views: 110
Size:  5.7 KB