Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Login when Browsing Posts

I would generally not login unless it was required to make a post. I guess I'm not alone in that behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I would generally not login unless it was required to make a post. I guess I'm not alone in that behaviour.
    Fully understand. Log in and you can see your PMs. Log in and what catches people's interest is better identified as it is not just a visit count. Log in and you can Subscribe to Threads of interest. Log in and show the Community is not terminal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn I just said what I have been doing. From my perspective that worked well and there's so little traffic on TG that the daily posts view is fine.

From the perspective of community management I entirely get it that my browsing behaviour isn't helpful. It's not something I'd considered.

I'm not sure you can necessarily shift people's behaviour much because there is so little traffic and most of the TG posts tend to relate to the shortcomings of Magix and the latest release.

I ceased to be a real Xara user some time back but I like the community.

I think the real issue with TG is not whether people log in or not but that the emphasis of the community has moved from having a buzz about new releases and functionality (because new releases are paper-thin in terms of new capability), and it seems that the problems with the lack of software innovation and direction has led to a collapse of posts from the creative side.

TG's community has grown old and stale as have the developers of the software. No good flinging stones about it because in some ways it's about the natural lifecycle of products.

I think creatives have mostly migrated to other software than is more receptive to their interests and TG has mostly moved towards being a support group for people making websites.

There would be a lot more reason to login if there was something to login for.

The community has been somewhat let down by Xara and Magix because they are essentially running the businesses like it's 1990 while other vendors are stimulating their user communities and nurturing them via competitions, promotions, informative videos, posting and books even - definitely strong social media promotion and advertising. Xara and Magix has let the user community wither away.

I have a favourite program I use for graphics work for UIs and it's not that old but it has suffered because while it hasn't evolved other competitors have emerged and evolved more quickly. I stick with it because it works well for me and I only update when I get a great offer. I can tell that the company is struggling a bit because their social media group is starting to get thin and they've offered monthly subscriptions and users are using competitor software now.

Anyway, I digress I suppose.

Analysing thread subjects and posting trends should give the real picture. TG is now mostly a tech-support group for Magix/Xara.

that's a good summation Paul

xara/magix direct users here for help; a free help forum is how they see us ....

web and cloud are now the focus; web and cloud get discussed on social media without any input here necessarily
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Generally, I don't use Xara for anything other than my own pleasure, and I'm not a very good artist.

However, I'm permanently logged in, even if only browsing. I really like the community even if I don't really have anything constructive to add.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

What is the author's main criticism of the TalkGraphics community? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kukuaj3 View Post
    I am appealing to the admin
    unlikely if you are spam

your post says you are in mexico - also unlikely

you have no xara software

OP is clear enough to me.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

kukuaj3 - Why does your location show Mexico and your IP shows Kolkata, India? Help me here.

And what can we help you with?