Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Login when Browsing Posts

I find it sad that most of the time the number of active users in TG is in the single handful, yet there are many more "Guests".
    Present hit is 4 members to 745 guests.

Yes if you login, we know who you are and possibly where - https://www.talkgraphics.com/online.php.
    So what?
    TG does not exploit any of this.

We all want to know our Threads and Posts are being read and not just by Bots.
    It would also be useful if Xara staff lead by example, especially so Mods can nudge Xara to look at Bugs raised in the Dear Xara Forum and not rely on the subsequent excuse "Oh, were were busy on other things."

Finally, if you are logged in, it takes no time to add to a Thread.
    We welcome discourse and questions, the whole purpose of the Forums.

Do join in.
    We don't bite.
    Well, we do but tell us off otherwise we'll think we know everything.
    We need to understand how you use the Xara products and what is hard or even impossible for you. Someone else may have an answer.

Thank you for reading.
    Enjoy the range of knowledge TG offers but think of contributing too even if you are just browsing when logged in.

Down to 2 and 755 guests and one of us is a Bot!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Login when Browsing Posts

Thank you Acorn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

iT ALWAYS PUZZLED ME WHEN tg REPORTED:
    Present hit is 4 members to 745 guests
    ... or similar. How many of these 745 are real Peeps and how many are Bots?
    Reminds me of the Matrix ......

PS Sorry about the Caps Lock, I'm not shouting.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    iT ALWAYS PUZZLED ME WHEN tg REPORTED:

... or similar. How many of these 745 are real Peeps and how many are Bots?
    Reminds me of the Matrix ......

PS Sorry about the Caps Lock, I'm not shouting.
    Lots. https://www.talkgraphics.com/online.php allows a click on the IP address and it is resolved, so 17.121.115.49 shows as 17-121-115-49.applebot.apple.com. Within its renage, Apple could have 65,000 scouring the web and probably many, many more.

Login and beat the Bots.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes but if I click the 'Search Bots' it only reports 15 Guests. If I select Guests it reports 643. If I select Members it reports 6.

Are 643 Peeps viewing TG at that time?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Surely that bot must be reporting wrong I believe we have many more members than 6, although many are not active.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes but if I click the 'Search Bots' it only reports 15 Guests. If I select Guests it reports 643. If I select Members it reports 6.
    Are 643 Peeps viewing TG at that time?
    It would appear so.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Surely that bot must be reporting wrong I believe we have many more members than 6, although many are not active.
    Larry, it is a count of those on-line at the time you viewed the page.

Bottom of the home page shows:

There are currently 711 users online. 9 members and 702 guests
    Most users ever online was 10,257, 24 January 2016 at 12:24 AM.

Spam-O-Matic Statistics

337782 Spammers Denied Registration
    1031 Spammers Permanently Banned
    1187 Spammers submitted to StopForumSpam
    1244 Spammers submitted to Akismet
    2549 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated

TalkGraphics.com Statistics

Threads 76,840 Posts 620,485 Members 33,120
    Welcome to our newest member, pparamo

I want the 33,000+ Members to show their faces.
    Please.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I want the 33,000+ Members to show their faces.
    Please.

Acorn
    Me too, I wonder what if anything can be done to help bring TG back to its former glory, few participate in the Scribble challenges, few draw anything(including me) to show the capabilities of Xara.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

On some forums I think there is a way to show just active members. For example, ones that have logged in at least once within the last six or twelve months. That would give a more realistic idea of what’s going on.

A similar question about forum participation came up in 2018.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ra-Web-Gallery
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022