Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Designer ProX 18: Smart Duplication, a means to specify the distance between objects

I just installed the latest version 18.

I didn't see where I could Smart Duplicate a selected object(s) and copying it a predetermined distance.

In Options > General, could the distance specified for duplication also apply for Smart Duplication or a have check box to allow the setting to also apply to Smart Duplication?

Default Re: Designer ProX 18: Smart Duplication, a means to specify the distance between obje

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post

I didn't see where I could Smart Duplicate a selected object(s) and copying it a predetermined distance.

In Options > General, could the distance specified for duplication also apply for Smart Duplication?
    I looked in 18 and an old version of XG&GD same both places so it appears that it does.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Designer ProX 18: Smart Duplication, a means to specify the distance between obje

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    In Options > General, could the distance specified for duplication also apply for Smart Duplication or a have check box to allow the setting to also apply to Smart Duplication?
    None of the SmartShapes have such a dialog.
    You are supported to use the provide control to then tweak spacing.

I dare say there is a Registry setting for Xara's default.

I would prefer an input box somewhere for any given Duplication or even have Copy (A Duplication Selection) --> Paste Attributes (Another Duplication Selection) but Paste Attributes does not have a Duplication Spacing Attribute.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I looked in 18 and an old version of XG&GD same both places so it appears that it does.
    Sorry Larry, Utilities > Options > General > Document editing > Duplication distance is a different beast.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry Larry, Utilities > Options > General > Document editing > Duplication distance is a different beast.

Acorn

Maybe so but it seems to work.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Maybe so but it seems to work.
    Larry, I change mine to 150px for X and then smart Duplicated and it didn't.

Using Edit > Duplicate (Ctrl+Alt+D) is not the same as Select (Object) > enable Smart Duplication (icon).

@jclements is asking for this linkage.

Acorn

That's similar to what I did except it worked for me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I tried the same. I used Smart duplicate at the default duplicate spacing, and then adjusted the duplication distance and tried again. It made no difference whatsoever.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hopefully Xara will get their act together and update the pdf manual.

I must be doing something wrong, in the first place I cannot find smart duplicate anywhere to give it a try which leaves me using duplicate which does work for me by changing the x and y values.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509