Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Template FAIL with WebP Forced On

Dear Xara...

I have advised this previously but have had no feedback or solution.

After testing, the problem has been my temerity of saving a Template with a coloured design page.

I have had to rebuild my Templates Resetting both Page & Pasteboard Backgrounds and unticking WebP to ensure they open properly.

Bug#002 - You can have any Template you like as long as it's colourless.

Please fix this.

While you are at it, sort out the naff UI Handle and dashed line colour scheme that disappears when pastel colours are used.
    The old handles had some intelligence to them and did not interfere with the design on the page.
    UPDATE: this paragraph can be left as @Rob-Xar has indicated UI/UX is being reviewed.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 June 2021 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Bug introduced at Pro+v21.2 and not yet acked. bug#acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Template FAIL with WebP Forced On

@Rob-Xar, I have resurrected this one as it appears not to have been noticed by Xara yet.

It is simple to test and show the Bug so I hope equally as simple to rectify.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Sorry I'm not entirely sure on the problem with this one, what are you doing exactly that isn't working (and how is it not working?).

Thanks
    Rob

Rob, open any default Template, click WebP Off and save a default Template back. When you re-open, WebP is still Off. All good.

Add a colour to the page background and ensure WebP is unticked and Save Template.
    Bug - When you use the saved Template WebP is forced On.

Why is this important?
    WebP generation time is very slow so testing is impacted.
    I have clients who may not want WebP images that are uncontrolled.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Add a colour to the page background and ensure WebP is unticked and Save Template.
    Bug - When you use the saved Template WebP is forced On.
    @Xara

Dear Xara...
    I assume this now affects XDPXv18.5 as you have not fixed it in XPro+v21.5 either.

Do you think your Customers just rely on default Templates that you never colour and so never test for them being coloured and never consider this Bug as important?

Acorn