Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Begging for Help with PNG graphics on Webdesigner Premium

Hi all,
    I have webdesigner Premium, and every time I copy a png graphic fro use, it comes out with a black square around it for editing. In the orevious versions of webdesigner I could literally lift any PNG graphic and incorporate it but now this damn black rectangle pops up around it. When you try to add filters to it, you can get rid of the black rectangle, but then there is a black haze around the image so it is never truly a a standalone PNG image. Is there any way to stop this from happening, it is really irritating. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Bobby

Default Re: Begging for Help with PNG graphics on Webdesigner Premium

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I wonder if you accidentally applied a Glow Shadow?

What happens if you create a new web page, does the problem still exist?

Hi Bobby, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I've had this happen in the past but can't reproduce it at present. Could you supply the url of a png you're importing that displays this issue?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I find this happens when you copy direct from the 'Net. Saving the png first usually eliminates the black rectangle.

the black rectangle is maybe because background transparency is in a format web designer cannot handle

I would do the same as chris if it is a web png

there may be a registry tweak in xara for this, but not sure

the way transparency of web png is handled was changed but again I can't remember why exactly, sorry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan500 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have webdesigner Premium, and every time I copy a png graphic fro use, it comes out with a black square around it for editing. In the orevious versions of webdesigner I could literally lift any PNG graphic and incorporate it but now this damn black rectangle pops up around it. When you try to add filters to it, you can get rid of the black rectangle, but then there is a black haze around the image so it is never truly a a standalone PNG image. Is there any way to stop this from happening, it is really irritating. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Bobby
    Are you getting these from an image library by any chance?

There was a person who did that in the past - they copied from the online version they could see (which did not have transparency) and never used the "download" button that would have given them the png with transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan500 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have webdesigner Premium, and every time I copy a png graphic fro use, it comes out with a black square around it for editing. In the orevious versions of webdesigner I could literally lift any PNG graphic and incorporate it but now this damn black rectangle pops up around it. When you try to add filters to it, you can get rid of the black rectangle, but then there is a black haze around the image so it is never truly a a standalone PNG image. Is there any way to stop this from happening, it is really irritating.

Bobby
    Bob. What is the source of your graphic. From the webdesigner program>library? Or is the png from a website. Like a logo after a google search. I’ve had this happen as well but can’t duplicate. When it did happen it was from an unknown source like google, safari etc.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.