Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Repeated Internal Program Error - 30636.k.no.ts - Xara Pro+v21.2

Dear Xara...

With Xara Designer Pro+ 21.2.0.62177 M SL x64 May 18 2021, when I try anything half-complex, like deleting more than two objects, shared across Variants, I get this pop-up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-18 16.37.01.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	129676

It then recurs after every letter typed or object change.

I can save, close and re-open and continue working for a period and then back it comes.

Can we have a Patch for the Patch?

I have Run as admin.
    I have cold-started my machine.
    I get it across my last 37 design files.

As ever, note to self - never trust a Xara update in the middle of a project!

Acorn

P.S. The Patch did not fix a number of my still Templates being forced back into Exporting WebP despite being saved as unticked.
    I have to untick all my designs on re-opening.
    I have no problem with WebP but I have this project where the client is still on v16 and has no need for it at the moment.
    The downside I have is an Export Website can hang or take a very long time for the first export of the day! Thereafter, subsequent session exports are only two to three time longer with WebP than without. Only.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Repeated Internal Program Error - 30636.k.no.ts - Xara Pro+v21.2

Dear Xara...

To add to my distress of another round of Bugs that hamper, I can now include:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-22 15.28.43.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	129677

This one is a doozie.
    When if manifests, you can only perform one step at a time before if locks the program and you have to press or click OK.
    By that every single letter typed, every object moved.

It seems related to the first Bug in that it appears when I am working with Variants.
    I am working with 37 design files for a client and luckily only four have this problem. Only.

I mentioned the grief I have with Templates opening up in WebP mode.

I also have two of them with unremovable copies of an image. It cannot be selected - it doesn't exist.
    It doesn't display on Preview.
    It is just sitting on the design page - I only just thought it could be sitting in a locked pasteboard layer.
    I didn't clone it, move it and then unlock a layer and stick it there and ten lock it and finally forget I did it. So I look to you for some acknowledgement and any other TGers for ideas.

You have delivered an unusable product.
    Will you please provide the correct process for recovery to version 21.1 while you hopefully are fixing this melange?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ack. I am glad (touch wood) this has not happened to me.

I also have two of them with unremovable copies of an image. It cannot be selected - it doesn't exist. It doesn't display on Preview. It is just sitting on the design page
    Acorn,

Just a guess here, but could the two problematic XAR files be opened in v16,17 or 18 (none of which have the new WebP functionality) to see if they are recognisable images?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Acorn,
    Just a guess here, but could the two problematic XAR files be opened in v16,17 or 18 (none of which have the new WebP functionality) to see if they are recognisable images?
    Gary
    Thanks Gary, I used v17/18 to open the file, delete one long text area with the offending embedded graphic from v21 and past the same back into v21 form v17/v18.
    That worked.

In v21, I ensured WebP was Off on opening and copying in and out.
    Had I not retained my earlier version, I would still be fighting it all.

It is all the weirder as each of 26 designs all used the same Template and I was performing the same actions across all: creating Variants, resizing embedded images, re-arranging the deck chairs...

I would have been more diligent but I had a deadline to achieve.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ack. I am glad (touch wood) this has not happened to me.
    But Gary, you were getting prior grief.

Acorn

Bug Re: Repeated Internal Program Error - 30636.k.no.ts - Xara Pro+v21.2

Dear Xara...

To add to the fun, all my crafted Template vanishing on this update.

I haven't had time to check if they were physically deleted or ignored.
    The file I have been working on remained so the applied Template was created in v21.0 and safely transited into v21.2 so I can deconstruct on to recover the missing Template for this design; the others might be sitting in earlier versions.

Acorn