Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Importing Psd File with box around

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The white box, I think, is what happens when you try to apply an extrusion to a bitmap.
    Exactly .. when i imported a psd file to xara .. it shows as bitmap with the white box
    Are you have a method to remove these white box rather that saving it as pdf from photoshop and import it ?
    I tried to do that via bitmap trace but fail

Vector Magic is an excellent program for converting bitmaps to vector format. But it is not free. $10 US per month or $295 to buy the program.

You can try it out here https://vectormagic.com/ Drag and drop your image onto the page and it will trace the image.

If you only need one image traced, or just a few, subscribe for one month and then you can cancel.

Attached is an extrusion I did from a Vector Magic trace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	From trace.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	129675  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Vector Magic is an excellent program for converting bitmaps to vector format. But it is not free. $10 US per month or $295 to buy the program.

You can try it out here https://vectormagic.com/ Drag and drop your image onto the page and it will trace the image.

If you only need one image traced, or just a few, subscribe for one month and then you can cancel.
    Many thanks for your Reply and your effort
    *** [Acorn to ramy88: this Forum does not condone the action you have described and so it has been deleted. Please do not follow such practices or advise others of the act.]
    Thank you
    Last edited by Acorn; 21 May 2021 at 04:30 PM.

Last edited by handrawn; 21 May 2021 at 04:41 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ditto!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by ramy88 View Post
    Many thanks for your Reply and your effort
    *** [Acorn to ramy88: this Forum does not condone the action you have described and so it has been deleted. Please do not follow such practices or advise others of the act.]
    Thank you
    I' so sorry .. i mean to describe the procedure that i did it So others can utilize from
    Thanks

Ramy,

For someone with 12 posts to your name, you really have some nerve suggesting member light-finger a program based on your recommendation. Regardless of the price, how would you feel if you were a programmer and I suggested an illegal way to use your software?

Okay, shaming said, Inkscape has one of the best free auto-tracing engines. Is it as good as VectorMagic? No. Is it more refined and does it generally product better traces than XD? Yes; download my example. Inkscape is not Xara, but then again it's open source and wasn't intended to dominate the field of vectors—but rather to offer a robust entry point for aspiring drawers. People who draw, not where you keep your socks. It's native file format is SVG, a snap to import to Xara.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkscape trace.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	129707

I used if quite successfully last year until I saved up enough to buy VectorMagic outright. If you do a lot of tracing, you might want to invest in it. If you're a sporadic tracer, I'd suggest Inkscape open source drawing program, or just learn to manually trace—a good skill! :)

My Best,

Gary

Name:  inside out guy.png
Views: 157
Size:  6.5 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ramy,

For someone with 12 posts to your name, you really have some nerve suggesting member light-finger a program based on your recommendation. Regardless of the price, how would you feel if you were a programmer and I suggested an illegal way to use your software?

Okay, shaming said, Inkscape has one of the best free auto-tracing engines. Is it as good as VectorMagic? No. Is it more refined and does it generally product better traces than XD? Yes; download my example. Inkscape is not Xara, but then again it's open source and wasn't intended to dominate the field of vectors—but rather to offer a robust entry point for aspiring drawers. People who draw, not where you keep your socks. It's native file format is SVG, a snap to import to Xara.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkscape trace.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	129707

And Fool Disclosure with the attached Xara file—I straightened a line or two, and deleted a few control points, but not many; I intend to use thse trace in a design, and there is no auto-trace to date that does its thing flawlessly, not even VectorMagic.

I used Inkscape's feature quite successfully last year until I saved up enough to buy VectorMagic outright. If you do a lot of tracing, you might want to invest in it. If you're a sporadic tracer, I'd suggest Inkscape open source drawing program, or just learn to manually trace—a good skill! :)

My Best,

Gary

Name:  inside out guy.png
Views: 157
Size:  6.5 KB