Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Remove Previous "Clone Tool" Lines Possible?

It's showing every area that's been cloned to allow you to adjust ANY previously cloned area. Double click any of the area's to make fine adjustments as necessary. It's supposed to work that way.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That seems overly complicated to me, I tried to duplicate from your description and could not duplicate your problem I tried making a circle, then a freehand shape always with the same result, so I wonder if your file is corrupted, or you need to run your program as administrator, this only needs to be done once, at any rate something is amiss and your program should not be acting like that. Do you have your setup to reinstall or otherwise have access to it?

Just for the record How I do it is create my shape put a line around it or create the shape and clone then if you want the line and shape separate clear line color from one and fill color from the other.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you Keith I didn't know that.

+
    +
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Keith-
    I think you're right...in regards to the way it's supposed to be. It's been like that
    for me through a number of versions of XDP. I knew about double clicking to readjust
    but was just wondering if those previous dotted lines could be hidden. Again, I don't need
    to do it much but for very complex things that are close together, it's hard to see through the lines.

Anyway, thank you both for your input. Appreciated.

BobH - To the best of my knowledge when you modify an image with the Clone Tool, the only way to eliminate the dashed line around the clone shape, is to do what you have already one, Flatten the image. Once you have done that however, the cloned area can no longer be modified or removed.

Thanks GW...I pretty much figured that one out...so I'll just have to be very satisfied with each iteration.

OKAY, thanks all, case closed. '-)