Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: To Rob-Xar

Default To Rob-Xar

Hi Rob,

Long-time user of Xara here. I first bought WDP in 2014, and I renewed it consistently up until the 365 model started. Since then, I have renewed every year. I’m currently using version 17. I also have P&GD 17.

I’ve been considering renewing my subscription when the first “debugged” update of WDP 18 became available, but in spite of the bugs mentioned on this forum, I see no signs that it will be any time soon. As I see regular posts about XDPro+ updates, I wonder about updates of the other Xara products.

I’ve invested a lot of time in learning how to use Xara’s WDP, but I’m frankly not convinced that the company has any continued interest in it. The new features from one version to the next are so minor that at times I think the renewal is simply paid for continued access to the on-line catalogs.

I’m sorry if it’s inappropriate, but I address this to you because you are the only member of the Xara team who shows some degree of concern and interest in the users of Xara’s products.

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: To Rob-Xar

when i had the temerity to say as much a while back i was told off sharply and assured xara still cared - mind you i was not as diplomatic as you....

trouble is, i agree that is not what it looked like then, and it has got no better since as far as i can see...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Maybe a poll would convey the message. I did upgrade to v18 only because Magix gave me a great deal few weeks back, otherwise V17 would have sufficed. To be honest with you, V18 a number up from V17 should be a major enhancement of some sort but it was not. I am soon to retire but will keep using what I have, sadly they have the Nag screen that everyone complains too.

Thanks for the solidarity, handrawn and behzad. I recognize that Rob is not Xara, and that he is often in the awkward position of trying to help us while still representing the company that employs him. I think a little straightforward honesty, from the company itself, not specifically Rob, would go a long way in this situation.

Rob is a great guy who is probably overworked bearing mind all the things he apperars to be responsible for

and xara are not reponisible for the release dates for the magix distributed programs, magix are
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Hi Rob,

Long-time user of Xara here. I first bought WDP in 2014, and I renewed it consistently up until the 365 model started. Since then, I have renewed every year. I’m currently using version 17. I also have P&GD 17.

I’ve been considering renewing my subscription when the first “debugged” update of WDP 18 became available, but in spite of the bugs mentioned on this forum, I see no signs that it will be any time soon. As I see regular posts about XDPro+ updates, I wonder about updates of the other Xara products.

I’ve invested a lot of time in learning how to use Xara’s WDP, but I’m frankly not convinced that the company has any continued interest in it. The new features from one version to the next are so minor that at times I think the renewal is simply paid for continued access to the on-line catalogs.

I’m sorry if it’s inappropriate, but I address this to you because you are the only member of the Xara team who shows some degree of concern and interest in the users of Xara’s products.

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi gcellison, sorry for the delay in looking at this.

It's been pretty much covered in this thread already but yes Magix control the release schedule for DPX/WDP/PGD, whereas we (Xara) control DP+ and can release updates much more frequently (and have a more direct feedback).

I can try to get stuff fixed for Designer Pro+ relatively quickly if you can send me the issues or posts. These fixes would eventually make their way into the Magix versions (I heavily presume at least, depends on the project managers).

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for the response, Rob.
    It's very kind of you, and as I indicated before, I know that you are not the responsible party... just the only liaison we seem to have with the company.
    As I watch the incredible developments going on in website design, my concern is that little is reflected in the updates of WDP. We used to get some cool new options and features (the variants, parallax, etc.), but not anymore. I'm just not convinced that the company hasn't given up on the product. It would be a pity... and a disappointment to many of us.
    Thanks again

Hi gcellison,

I'll see what I can do about getting more web features. If there is a specific feature you would absolutely love to see, let me know.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi gcellison,

I'll see what I can do about getting more web features. If there is a specific feature you would absolutely love to see, let me know.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks for the response, Rob. And congratulations on today's news!
    I'll definitely post any wish list items I think of in the future.
    Greg