Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Potential newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well amazon is a market[place] - they are sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive than elsewhere

if you buy from somewhere other than magix/xara, make sure you know exactly what you are getting for your money and that the source is reputable

version 11 is certainly not the most recent

there are two programs: webdesigner, and webdesigner premium, you need to sure which one you want

if you do graphic design as well you may want to consider xara designer, although that is more expensive
    OK, when I open the trial, I get an offer for the program of £43.99. All good. But to purchase it's asking for the "serial number". Where's that? It's not the activation, I've tried that...

Thanks

There is no immediate discount. Trial Premium. Advise if you have any forms, PHP or databases.
    Don't buy cheap.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-formatted".
    The sites take in pictures and graphics already finished to be used within the templates. All other graphics I create in PicMonkey. I do these sites as a favour mainly so they need to be low maintainance!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-formatted".

Me either.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I think he means he uses templates.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakepipe View Post
    The sites take in pictures and graphics already finished to be used within the templates.
    If you mean HTML templates, you won't be able to import them to Xara software, but you can however create templates for use in Xara. The software is not a HTML editor, it is a HTML generator, taking a visual design and generating HTML from it.